It’s time to get out of the house and enjoy the spring weather while supporting local artists! These are the best crafty things to do in Cincinnati that we know about for April:
- Essex Studios Art Walk: Explore all the artists inhabiting this Walnut Hills studio center the evenings of Friday and Saturday, April 1 and 2.
- Crafty Mart Mom and Pop Shop: Going up north? Hit up this indie craft show in Akron, OH, on Saturday, April 2.
- The City Flea: Shop at a mini-market in honor of the Reds’ Opening Day in Washington Park on Monday, April 4!
- Makerspace: Circuit Circus: Be a part of a crazy project for the Oxford Kinetics Festival at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, April 6.
- Drink and Draw: Get artsy in the lobby of the CAC with L.D. Nehls on Thursday, April 7.
- Tidal Arts x Tech Challenge: ArtsWave is connecting the arts and tech communities in this weekend-long hackathon Friday to Sunday, April 8 to 10.
- Art on Vine: Shop with lots of local makers at Rhinegeist on Sunday, April 17.
- Oxford Kinetics Festival: Makers rejoice at this family-friendly festival on the campus of Miami University on Sunday, April 17.
- Craftin’ Outlaws: This major craft show in downtown Columbus, OH, is all day Saturday, April 24.
- ArtWorks Breakfast: Join city leaders for networking and talks at the Duke Energy Center on Tuesday, April 26.
- DAAPworks: See the best work from UC’s design, art, architecture and planning students from Tuesday to Saturday, April 26 to 30.
- Bloomington Handmade Market: Take a little trip to Bloomington, IN, for this sweet indie craft show on Saturday, April 30.
Our next show is Saturday, May 7, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center in Cincinnati’s Gaslight District. See you there!
The crafty scene is starting to warm up! Here are all the art and craft things to do in Cincinnati for March, including business events for makers and artisans!
- Grant Information Session: Learn how you can get $10,000 from People’s Liberty for your project on Wednesday, March 2.
- Drink and Draw: Get creative with Lindsay Nehls in the Contemporary Arts Center lobby on Thursday, March 3.
- Craft Menagerie: Buy handmade at Arnold’s for this Bockfest celebration on Saturday, March 5.
- Not Just Makeup: Learn about the expression of body adornments throughout history at the Cincinnati Art Museum on Saturday, March 13.
- Art On Vine: Shop your heart out at Rhinegeist for this monthly market on Sunday, March 20.
- Marketing Your Art ($): Learn how to use social media in this class, the first of seven over the following weeks, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Monday, March 21.
- Sunset Salons: Design: Spend an evening with talented designers from around Cincinnati at the CCAC on Wednesday, March 23.
- Indigo: Rock Paper Scissors in OTR is transforming into a donation-based art supply space called Indigo, which is opening with its first gallery show on Final Friday, March 25.
- Maker Meetup and Potluck: Hang out with fellow makers of all stripes at Rhinegeist on Friday, March 25.
So many reasons to be out and about this month! This is our list of things to do in Cincinnati for May:
- Spring Pottery Fair: The Clay Alliance takes its makers to the street in East Walnut Hills on Saturday, May 2.
- Cincinnati Cooks ($): Talk about the local food revolution at the Mercantile Library downtown on Monday, May 4.
- Drink and Draw: Join Rock Paper Scissors at Collective CAC to have a beer and get artsy on Wednesday, May 6.
- Glass Lab: Learn about glass cutting systems at Brazee Street Studios on Thursday, May 7.
- Gone in Sixty Seconds: Core Clay is selling not-quite-perfect pieces in Walnut Hills on Saturday, May 9.
- Spring Fiesta Pottery Sale: Shop ceramics at Funke Fired Arts on Saturday, May 9.
- Makerspace: Super Hero Tech: Power up some gear fit for a super hero at theContemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, May 13.
- Opening Party: The Contemporary Arts Center hosts a free party for its new exhibits on Friday, May 15.
- The City Flea + Summer Celebration: Go to OTR for the first City Flea of the season, Art on Vine, the GO OTR 5K and more fabulous happenings on Saturday, May 16.
- Price Hill Thrill ($): Taking part in this studio tour across Price Hill benefits the Weston Art Gallery on Sunday, May 17.
- Art Fair 562: Shop at the Listerman Brewing Co. in Norwood on Saturday, May 23.
- One Night One Craft PLUS: Wearable Flowers ($): Make flower crowns and boutonnieres at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, May 27.
- The OFF Market: The first Oakley Fancy Flea of the season is happening Saturday, May 30.
- Gem City Flea: Dayton’s first flea is also going on Saturday, May 30.
Even though it doesn't feel that way now, spring is in the air, and it's time to get out of the house...
What's good in August? There are lots of things to do in Cincinnati:
What things should you be doing in Cincinnati and further afield this month? We've got a calendar all set up for you.
You know that April is Crafty Supermarket month, but many more great art and craft events in Cincinnati are happening as well!
The amount of events to consider adding to your calendar this month is astounding! Read on for all our picks of art, craft and design events in the Queen City in October.