Crafty Supermarket is an indie craft show of metropolitan proportions in the heart of Cincinnati, Ohio. Our juried show features crafters, artists and makers from all over North America and draws shoppers from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and beyond. Founded in 2009, Crafty Supermarket is a great day of crafty shopping where consumers get to meet their makers!
Info on upcoming shows can be found here.
Crafty Supermarket started in 2009 at the Northside Tavern with roughly 20 vendors. Grace Dobush and Alisha Budkie first met at a craft convention, the Summit of Awesome, in Washington, DC; it was clear Cincinnati needed something to bring together the growing creative community. Chris Salley-Davis was working on opening a boutique, gallery in Northside at the time and was thinking the exact same thing, Cincinnati needed an indie crafty show of it’s own. Alicia and Grace had started hatching the idea of Crafty Supermarket when Chris joined the team to help promote and be a vendor at the show. Alisha moved on in 2011 to open a brick-and-mortar design and art supply store; Grace parted ways at the end of 2016 to move to Germany to continue working as a free-lance writer. Chris is now running the show with the help of some amazing volunteers.
A testimonial from a big fan who attended the 2014 holiday show:
I really enjoyed the mix of vendors at this show, probably the best of any Crafty Supermarkets I’ve been to (this show was my 5th show). I was also glad to see that the craft vendors weren’t all the same local vendors that I see at other local shows. I have my favorites but I always enjoy checking out the vendors that come from further away. Without Crafty Supermarket, I might not get to discover some of these vendors & their goods! I also want to add that I brought my 70-year-old mother with me and she loved the show! She purchased some gifts but also some items for herself. There is truly something for everyone! We both had a wonderful day.
Here’s a brief history:
- Nov. 21, 2009: Our first show at the Northside Tavern had 20 craft vendors and more than 1,000 shoppers.
- April 17, 2010: Our second show, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center had 50 crafters and 1,600 shoppers.
- Nov. 20, 2010: Our third show, at the CCAC, had more than 50 crafters and attracted 2,100 shoppers.
- May 7, 2011: Our fourth show, at the CCAC, had 55 crafters and attracted 1,700 shoppers.
- Nov. 19, 2011: On our second anniversary, our holiday show attracted more than 50 crafters and 2,500 shoppers.
- May 5, 2012: Our sixth show, at the CCAC, had more than 50 crafters and 1,500 shoppers.
- Nov. 17, 2012: Our third anniversary show drew more than 50 crafters and 2,600 shoppers.
- April 27, 2013: Our eighth show had 55 crafters and 1,650 shoppers.
- Nov. 23, 2013: Our fourth anniversary show at the Music Hall Ballroom drew 90 crafters and 4,000 shoppers.
- April 26, 2014: Our 10th show had more than 50 crafters and 1,800 shoppers at the CCAC.
- Nov. 29, 2014: Our fifth birthday show at the Music Hall Ballroom had 90 crafters and 5,000 shoppers!
- April 25, 2015: Our 12th show had 50 crafters and more than 2,000 shoppers at the CCAC.
- Nov. 28, 2015: Our sixth birthday show at the Music Hall Ballroom had 90 crafters and 6,500 shoppers!
- May 7, 2016: Our 14th show drew 50 crafters and 1,400 shoppers to the CCAC.
- Nov. 19, 2016: Our seventh birthday show drew 140 crafters and 3,000 shoppers to the UC Rec Center.
- April 29, 2017: Our 16th show we had roughly 1,400 shoppers at the CCAC on a VERY stormy day.
- December 2, 2018: Our 17th show and eighth birthday drew 100+ makers and 5,000 shoppers at the Music Hall Ballroom.
- May 12, 2018: Our 18th show and first spring show at Music Hall! We drew 100+ makers and 3,200+ shoppers making a record spring turnout!
Check out our Crafty Supermarket FAQ for more answers to common questions!
If you are interested in being a vendor at a future show, be sure to sign up for our newsletter and check out our crafter FAQ.
Want to get in touch with us? Email us at email@example.com, or send mail to: Crafty Supermarket, PO Box 24363, Cincinnati, OH 45224.