February is a short month but the cold can make it feel looooooong. Fill your calendar with tons of art,craft and design events so you can fast forward to spring! If we missed anything good, let us know!
- Carl Solway Gallery: Richards, Kwong, Jonsson: meet the artists during the opening reception on Friday, Feb. 3.
- Cincinnati Art Museum: Family First Saturday: Black History Month: Celebrate the great African American artists at CAM with a fun-filled day for the whole family on Saturday, Feb 4.
- RHEINOceramics Studio Sale: Studio sale and pop-up shop featuring several talented handmade artists from the Cincinnati area. Saturday, Feb. 4.
- Rhinegeist Charitable Suds: Indigo Hippo: Rhinegeist brewery is committed to giving back to the community. Every Wednesday evening they give a portion of their proceeds to a local nonprofit and on Wednesday, Feb. 8 they are giving proceeds to our friends at Indigo Hippo!
- Midwest Craft Con 2017: You may still be able to get tickets to attend this spectacular three day retreat for mid-career crafters, makers and creative business owners. Includes inspiration keynote speakers who know their stuff! February 10-12.
- CAC: Opening Celebration of two exhibitions– Noel Andersons: Blak Oigin Moment and Andrea Bowers: Womxn Workers of the World Unite! Friday, Feb. 10
- DAAP Galleries: The Personal is Political: Feminist Art from Sara M. and Mi. Opening reception Thursday, Feb. 16.
- Art on Vine : Art show featuring fine art and handmade goods at Rhinegeist. Sunday, Feb. 19.
CAC: One Night One Craft
If you are looking for some fun art, craft, design events around the city to hold you over until Crafty Supermarket on April 29th, here’s a great list! Don’t forget, applications for our spring show open on January 15th. Join our mailing list for an update or follow us Facebook or Instagram. Did we miss something awesome? Let us know.
Christmas will be here before you know it. Do you have all your presents lined up yet? We put together this guide of our favorite stores in Cincinnati that sell handmade goods. Check their websites for holiday hours! We also recommend checking out all the places in town where you can buy craft supplies — gift certificates for crafty classes make great gifts!
PS! We’re taking December off to relax with our friends and families, but in mid-January we’ll release the application info for our spring craft show, which is April 29, 2017, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center in Cincinnati’s beautiful Gaslight District. If you’re interested in being a vendor at the show, keep following our website, Facebook or Twitter and sign up for our e-newsletter to be notified of when we post the application! Also read our handy crafter FAQ here.
Places to buy handmade gifts in Cincinnati
Handzy Shop + Studio
- 15 W. Pike St., Covington, KY; (859) 261-0493
- 1401 Reading Road, Over-the-Rhine; 513-723-1901
The Hoop and Needle
- 4019 Hamilton Ave., Northside; 513-283-0580
- 2010 Madison Road, O’Bryonville; 513-321-3750
- 1301 Main St., Over-the-Rhine; 513-918-4917
Lentz and Co.
- 339 Ludlow Ave., Clifton; 513-739-0193
- 1201 Vine St., Over-the-Rhine; 513-533-1974
- 4577 Hamilton Ave., Northside; 513-542-4577
Redtree Art Gallery and Coffee Shop
- 3210 Madison Road, Oakley; 513-321-8733
- 11153 Main St., Sharonville; (513) 652-8539
Queen City Clay
- 3130 Wasson Road, Hyde Park; (866) GET-CLAY
Your Friends & Neighbors
- 2803 Woodburn Ave., East Walnut Hills; (513) 258-8461
And don’t forget local art museums’ gift shops!
21c Museum Hotel
- 609 Walnut St., Downtown; 513-578-6600
Cincinnati Art Museum
- 953 Eden Park Drive, Mount Adams; 877-472-4226
Contemporary Arts Center
- 44 E. Sixth St., Downtown; 513-345-8400
Taft Museum of Art
- 316 Pike St., Downtown; 513-241-0343
Even though the holiday Crafty Supermarket has come to a close, there are still plenty of ways to buy handmade! Here’s our big monthly list of things to do in Cincinnati in December. (And check out our list of Midwest craft shows to visit if you’re on the road this month!)
- Holiday Art Walk: Essex Studios opens its doors to the public, and hosts the Clay Alliance Holiday Sale, on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2 and 3.
- Covington Night Bazaar: Shop at the Renaissance Covington the evenings of Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2 and 3
- Findlay Market Holiday Market: Shop with seasonal vendors on Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 3 and 4.
- CAC Makerspace: Holiday Party Kitchen Chemist: Learn some molecular gastronomy tips at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Dec. 7.
- Core Clay Holiday Studio Sale: Love ceramics? You’ll love to be here Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 10 and 11.
- Art on Vine: The holiday gift sale is happening at Rhinegeist on Sunday, Dec. 11.
- Indigo Hippo Fundraiser: Celebrate this art nonprofit at the Woodward Theater on Tuesday, Dec. 13.
- City Flea: Cozy up to this market at Washington Park in OTR on Saturday, Dec. 17.
- Craft Menagerie: This semiannual craft show takes over Arnolds on Saturday, Dec. 17.
- Mockbee Holiday Fair: Shop at the Mockbee the evenings of Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 21 and 22.
Attention crafters and makers: Applications will open in January for our spring show on April 29, 2017, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center.
It is Crafty Supermarket month! Our big holiday show is Saturday, Nov. 19, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the UC Rec Center, and you better not miss it! We’ve got a bigger space and 130 handmade vendors from across the eastern U.S., plus all the other stuff you love, like local food, a live DJ and crafty activities. It’s free for shoppers, as always! Here are even more things to do in Cincinnati in November:
- Autumn Air Art Fair: Buy local at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, Nov. 5.
- Art On Vine: This monthly art show moves indoors to Rhinegeist for the colder months on Sunday, Nov. 6.
- Empty Bowls ($): The Clay Alliance’s annual fundraiser to fight hunger at the Bell Event Center is Sunday, Nov. 6.
- First Batch Demo Day ($): See the latest crop of entrepreneurs — including some friends of Crafty Supermarket! — present their products at Rhinegeist on Wednesday, Nov. 9.
- Bloomington Handmade Market: Go on a little road trip to Indiana to shop at this indie craft market on Saturday, Nov. 12.
- Maker’s Mart: Another great option for handmade shopping is up in Toledo, OH, on Saturday, Nov. 12.
- One Night One Craft ($): Marbleized gifts are being made at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Nov. 16.
- ArtWorks 21 Candles ($): This local arts nonprofit celebrates its 21st birthday with a blowout at Lunken Airport on Friday, Nov. 18.
- Crafty Supermarket! Our big holiday show is in the heart of the University of Cincinnati’s campus from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 19.
- Queen City Clay: This studio’s holiday bazaar is Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 19 and 20.
- Drink, Draw & Listen: Recover from Thanksgiving at the CAC for an evening of creativity and classical music on Friday, Nov. 25.
- Winterfair: Northern Kentucky hosts a giant expo of fine art and craft Friday to Sunday, Nov. 25 to 27.
- Crafty Mart: Didn’t get quite all your shopping done at Crafty Supermarket? Head up to Akron, OH, Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 26 and 27.
- One Night One Craft ($): Get stitchy at the CAC with the Hoop and Needle to make some embroidered gifts on Wednesday, Nov. 30.
As the weather turns chilly, you might be tempted to move indoors for the rest of the year. But there are way too many things to do in Cincinnati this October to give in to hibernation just yet! These are the best art, craft and design events going on in the Queen City this month:
- Bend in the River Art + Music Festival: Celebrate the art and music of Lower Price Hill on Saturday, Oct. 1.
- FotoFocus: Celebrate photography all month around Cincinnati with this biennial exhibition from Oct. 1 to 31.
- Art on Vine: This monthly art show takes over Fountain Square on Sunday, Oct. 2.
- Hyde Park Art Show: The 50th anniversary of this neighborhood art show is Sunday, Oct. 2.
- ArtWorks Big Pitch ($): Eight local projects compete for $20,000 in funding at Rhinegeist on Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Drink and Draw: It’s Inktober at the Contemporary Art Museum on Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Old Kentucky Makers Market: Enjoy live music, food and makers in Bellevue on Friday, Oct. 7.
- Harvest the Arts: The city of Newport hosts an arts and crafts festival on Saturday, Oct. 8.
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire ($): Celebrate all things creative and DIY at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 8 and 9.
- Second Sunday on Main: The last monthly Main Street market of the summer is Sunday, Oct. 9.
- The City Flea: Shop the big flea in Over-the-Rhine’s beautiful Washington Park on Saturday, Oct. 15.
- CAC Makerspace: Learn all about photo hacks you can do yourself at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Oct. 19.
- Midwest Craft Con Party: This creative conference for makers happens in February but you can hang out with conners for a crafternoon at the Hoop and Needle in Northside on Saturday, Oct. 22!
- GUTS: Join AIGA Cincinnati in this creative pumpkin carving contest to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation on Saturday, Oct. 22.
And remember, our big holiday craft show is coming up on Saturday, Nov. 19 — this year at the University of Cincinnati Campus Rec Center!
Who likes to get crafty? We like to get crafty! Our big list of things to do in Cincinnati for September has 10 great reasons to get out of the house this month.
- Art on Vine: This monthly art show takes over Fountain Square on Sunday, Sept. 4.
- Hamilton Flea: This northern suburb hosts an urban market of its own on Saturday, Sept. 10.
- Westwood Art Show: The West Side of Cincinnati is getting artsy with this annual street fair on Saturday, Sept. 10!
- Bellevue Art in the Park: As is the town of Bellevue, KY, on Saturday, Sept. 10.
- Second Sunday on Main: Shop with vendors and retailers monthly on Main Street in Over-the-Rhine on Sunday, Sept. 11.
- Cincinnati Design Week: AIGA Cincinnati is hosting talks and meetups all over the city from Thursday, Sept. 15 to Saturday, Sept. 30.
- The City Flea: Shop the big flea in Over-the-Rhine’s beautiful Washington Park on Saturday, Sept. 17.
- Life’s a Pitch: Check out the business ideas from the latest class of MORTAR graduates in OTR on Thursday, Sept. 22.
- OFFF Cincinnati: This global creative conference comes to the Contemporary Arts Center on Saturday, Sept. 24.
- The OFF Market: Shop the day away in Oakley Square on Saturday, Sept. 24.
- Bend in the River Art + Music Festival: Celebrate the art and music of Lower Price Hill on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 30 and Oct. 1.
Who’s ready to get crafty? The craft, design and creative entrepreneurship scene is growing every month in Cincinnati, and these are the best things to do in the Queen City for August:
- Life’s a Pitch: Check out the business ideas from the latest class of MORTAR graduates in Walnut Hills on Tuesday, August 2.
- Drink and Draw: And stitch and sip with the Hoop and Needle at the Contemporary Arts Center on Thursday, August 4.
- Northside Summer Market: It’s a big garage sale and art fair combined into one big neighborhood festival on Saturday, August 6!
- Art on Vine: This monthly art show takes over Fountain Square on Sunday, August 7.
- Big Art Party: The Evendale Cultural Arts Center is hosting a big interactive arts festival on Friday, August 12.
- Hamilton Flea: This northern suburb hosts an urban market of its own on Saturday, August 13.
- Second Sunday on Main: Shop with vendors and retailers monthly on Main Street in Over-the-Rhine on Sunday, August 14.
- The City Flea: Shop the big flea and a new kids market in Over-the-Rhine’s beautiful Washington Park on Saturday, August 20.
- Art After Dark: Enjoy a beer at the Cincinnati Art Museum the evening of Friday, August 26.
- The OFF Market: Shop the day away in Oakley Square on Saturday, August 27.
- Cincy Summer Streets: Northside is taking it to the streets on Sunday, August 28.