october art, craft + design events
Looking for crafty things to do in Cincinnati in October? The amount of events to consider adding to your calendar this month is astounding! Read on for all our picks of art, craft and design events in the Queen City in October:
- Cincinnati Design Week: AIGA Cincinnati and CODE are presenting multiple events this week, including design speakers, films, networking events and music, through Sunday, Oct. 6.
- TEDxCincinnati: Get inspired by talks and performances on the theme of “Sound Ideas” at Memorial Hall on Thursday, Oct. 3.
- Be Awesome! Mini-Conference: Covington’s Awesome Collective is hosting a one-day free conference for “community change-makers” on Thursday, Oct. 3
- Essex Studios Art Walk: Check out what the artists of Walnut Hills’ Essex Studios are working on during the evenings of Friday and Saturday, Oct. 4 and 5.
- Hyde Park Square Art Show: More than 200 artists working in all types of mediums will be showing at this annual event on Sunday, Oct. 6.
- Northside Second Saturdays: Shop your heart out in Northside the evening of Saturday, Oct. 12 for Second Saturdays. Be sure to stop by Fabricate!
- Folksiders: This yocal craft event is putting on a crafty showcase at the Neltner Farm Fall Festival in Camp Springs, KY, on Sunday, Oct. 13.
- Second Sundays on Main: Don’t miss this season’s last OTR street fair on Sunday, Oct. 13, which includes Martket, a collection of student work from the Art Academy of Cincinnati.
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire: This huge festival is about making: You’ll be able to see demonstrations, get hands on and interact with makers, from the high-tech to the traditional. Crafty Supermarket will have one of the booths at Washington Park on Saturday, Oct. 19, so come see us!
- The City Flea: This urban flea market moves to Northside’s Can Factory this month for a show on Saturday, Oct. 19.
- OTR Final Fridays: Gallery-hop and shop till you drop in Over-the-Rhine the evening of Friday, Oct. 25, and stop by the Art Academy’s reception for its Charley Harper and Edie Harper show!
And we’ll see you in downtown Cincinnati on Saturday, Nov. 23, for the big Crafty Supermarket holiday show! It’s free to the public and features nearly 90 amazing crafters and makers from all over the eastern U.S.
No comments yet