may art, craft + design events in cincinnati
The weather is finally gorgeous, and it’s practically criminal to stay indoors! What things should you be doing in Cincinnati and further afield this month? We’ve got an art, craft and design calendar for May all set up:
- Art of Making Memories: This benefit for Alzheimer’s research and an art program is Thursday, May 1, at the Horseshoe Casino.
- Essex Studios Art Walk: Explore the artists in this Walnut Hills studio the evenings of Friday, May 2, and Saturday May 3.
- Spring Pottery Fair: The Clay Alliance’s annual show features about 50 clay and ceramics artists at DeSales Corner on Saturday, May 3.
- Eco Chic Craftacular: Feel like going on a road trip? Check out this indie craft show in Columbus, Ohio, on Saturday, May 3.
- Crafty Mart: Or if you’d like to take your trip even further, check out this indie craft show in Akron, Ohio, also on Saturday, May 3.
- Crafty Hour: Broadhope Art Collective is hosting a free craftalong where you can make super hero cuffs in Westwood on Wednesday, May 7.
- Northside Art in the Park: Chill out in Northside with lots of artists and food trucks on Saturday, May 10.
- Art Fair 562: Listerman Brewery in Norwood is putting on an arts festival all day Saturday, May 10.
- One Night One Craft: Meditation and Mandalas: Get crafty at the CAC on Monday, May 12.
- CAC’s 75th Anniversary: The Contemporary Arts Center in celebrating 75 years with a celebration and afterparty on Friday, May 16.
- OTR Summer Celebration and City Flea: Kick off summer with this annual 5K and festival on Saturday, May 17.
- See: The Cincinnati Anthology Gallery Show: Celebrate the art and writing in this new Queen City-centric book in OTR on Sunday, May 18.
- BYOC: Cut Paper Designs: Try your hand at papercraft at the Cincinnati Art Museum on Sunday, May 18.
- One Night One Craft: Spectacular Summer Soirees: Learn how to throw a party at the CAC on Monday, May 19.
- Kehinde Wiley Documentary: The 21C Museum Hotel is showing a new documentary about this world-renowned painter for free on Wednesday, May 21.
- Drink and Draw: Rock Paper Scissors goes to the Comet in Northside for an evening of making art and music on Thursday, May 22.
- One Night One Craft: Wet Felting: Get crafty at the CAC on Monday, May 26.
- Art After Dark: Cincinnati Pride: The Cincinnati Art Museum is kicking off June with a free happy hour Friday, May 30.
- Summerfair: This annual arts festival at Coney Island starts Friday, May 30, and runs through Sunday, June 1.
- Oakley Fancy Flea: This East Side urban flea market’s 2014 season kicks off Saturday, May 31.
No comments yet