Hoo boy, there are so many artsy craftsy things to do in Cincinnati in May! Festival season is really kicking off, and we’ve got an embarrassment of riches in the Queen City:
- May the Fourth Be With You: Experience Star Wars through art at the Brew House in Walnut Hills on Wednesday, May 4.
- Drink and Draw: Have a whale of a good time at this monthly art happening at the Contemporary Arts Center on Thursday, May 5.
- Teen Art Thing: Teens can get crazy with art at the CAC the evening of Friday, May 6.
- Crafty Supermarket! Our spring show is happening 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, May 7.
- Spring Pottery Fair: The Clay Alliance takes over Woodburn Avenue in Walnut Hills on Saturday, May 7.
- Rhinegeist Maker Day: The Makerspace at the downtown library is hosting a day of making at everybody’s favorite OTR brewery on Saturday, May 7.
- Northside Art in the Park: Artists will take over Hoffner Park all day Saturday, May 7.
- Incline District Street Fair: Celebrate East Price Hill at this monthly summer event starting Saturday, May 14.
- Hamilton Flea: This northern suburb is starting an urban market of its own on Saturday, May 14.
- Sunset Salons: Art and Antiques: Learn about the appraisal process at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Wednesday, May 18.
- The City Flea + Art on Vine: The first Flea of the year corresponds with Art on Vine and Summer Celebration at Washington Park in OTR on Saturday, May 21.
- Art After Dark: Party at the Cincinnati Art Museum the evening of Friday, May 27.
- The OFF Market: Shop the day away in Oakley Square on Saturday, May 28.
The crafty scene is starting to warm up! Here are all the art and craft things to do in Cincinnati for March, including business events for makers and artisans!
- Grant Information Session: Learn how you can get $10,000 from People’s Liberty for your project on Wednesday, March 2.
- Drink and Draw: Get creative with Lindsay Nehls in the Contemporary Arts Center lobby on Thursday, March 3.
- Craft Menagerie: Buy handmade at Arnold’s for this Bockfest celebration on Saturday, March 5.
- Not Just Makeup: Learn about the expression of body adornments throughout history at the Cincinnati Art Museum on Saturday, March 13.
- Art On Vine: Shop your heart out at Rhinegeist for this monthly market on Sunday, March 20.
- Marketing Your Art ($): Learn how to use social media in this class, the first of seven over the following weeks, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Monday, March 21.
- Sunset Salons: Design: Spend an evening with talented designers from around Cincinnati at the CCAC on Wednesday, March 23.
- Indigo: Rock Paper Scissors in OTR is transforming into a donation-based art supply space called Indigo, which is opening with its first gallery show on Final Friday, March 25.
- Maker Meetup and Potluck: Hang out with fellow makers of all stripes at Rhinegeist on Friday, March 25.
Show your love for handmade with these crafty things to do in Cincinnati in February!
- Maker Date Night ($): Make a love tester and chow down on some pizza at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Feb. 10.
- Free Admission Weekend: The Contemporary Arts Center celebrates its first weekend of offering free admission on Saturday, Feb. 13.
- Midwest Craft Con ($): Makers from all over the Midwest will descend on Columbus for this craft business conference Friday to Sunday, Feb. 19-21.
- Art on Vine: Get your shopping fix at Rhinegeist in OTR on Sunday, February 21.
- Visionaries + Voices Art Class: Try your hand at making art at the 21C Museum Hotel on Sunday, Feb. 21.
- One Night One Craft ($): Explore the art of coffee at the CAC on Wednesday, Feb. 24.
- Sip ‘n’ Stitch: Hang out at The Hoop and Needle in Northside on Thursday, Feb. 25.
- Art After Dark: It’s time for romance, revival and rumba at the Cincinnati Art Museum on Friday, Feb. 26.
- Macy’s Arts Sampler: Lots of free things to do around Cincinnati the weekend of Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 27 and 28!
Applications for our spring craft show are now open until March 1! The show is May 7, 2016, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center in Cincinnati’s beautiful Gaslight District.
Our big holiday show was a huge success, and we’re so grateful to everyone who came out! If you didn’t manage to get all your holiday gifts procured, there are plenty of options for post-crafty shopping in Cincinnati. Here are our top artsy-craftsy things to do in Cincinnati for December:
- Brick 939: This pop-up shop in Walnut Hills by Mortar is open all through December!
- Drink and Draw: Hang out with your latest art project in the lobby of the Contemporary Arts Center with Lindsay of Rock Paper Scissors the evening of Thursday, Dec. 3.
- Ink Bleeds 5 ($): See the best local screenprinters at this big show opening with AIGA Cincinnati at the Art Academy of Cincinnati Friday, Dec. 4.
- Covington Night Bazaar: Do you #lovthecov? Shop south of the river the evenings of Friday and Saturday, Dec. 4 and 5.
- Holiday Pottery Fair: Shop the Clay Alliance’s annual show at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, Dec. 5.
- Holiday Market: Findlay Market hosts a whole weekend of holiday shopping on Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 5 and 6.
- The OFF Market: Oakley’s flea hosts a holiday show at the 20th Century Theater on Sunday, Dec. 6.
- One Night One Craft ($): Learn how to make a contemporary live wreath at the CAC the evening of Wednesday, Dec. 9.
- Stitch and Sip: Get out your needlework and hang out at The Hoop and Needle the evening of Thursday, Dec. 10.
- Core Clay Holiday Sale: Buy directly from ceramicists and potters in Walnut Hills on Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 12 and 13.
- The City Flea: The last flea of the year is back at Washington Park the evening of Saturday, Dec. 12.
- Art on Vine: Shop with local makers at Rhinegeist the afternoon and evening of Sunday, Dec. 13.
- Craft Menagerie: Waiting till the last minute to finish your list? Shop crafty things at Arnold’s downtown on Saturday, Dec. 19.
- Makers Holiday Fair: Or waiting even longer? Shop at Angst Coffeehouse in Walnut Hills on Sunday, Dec. 20.
You’ve been waiting, and the day of Crafty Supermarket’s big holiday craft show is finally here! We’ve got 90 handmade vendors setting up their wares, plus a live DJ, a cash bar, delicious local food inside and outside, and hands-on craft activities with Kiki Magazine. We’ll see you downtown at Music Hall — bring all your friends, and wear your shopping shoes! Make a whole day of it — there are so many things to do in Over-the-Rhine since it’s Small Business Saturday! If you’re new to the show, check out our insider guide for shoppers, which includes directions to our venue, parking info and other important details.
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Holiday Show
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 28, 2015
Where: Music Hall Ballroom at 1241 Elm St., Cincinnati, OH 45202
Cost: Free to the public!
We have so many things to do in Cincinnati in November, it’s borderline ridiculous. Aside from our huge holiday craft show, there are plenty of events to keep you busy, both in town and within a few hours’ drive:
- Clay Alliance Empty Bowls: Buy a handmade bowl to help fight childhood hunger on Sunday, Nov. 1.
- Antique Christmas Celebration: Get into the holiday spirit at the Taft Museum on Friday, Nov. 6.
- Autumn Air Art Fair: Including the Tiger Lily Press sale at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, Nov. 7.
- The Flea Off Market: Down in Louisville, KY, this outdoor market will be hopping Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 7 and 8.
- Art on Vine: This monthly art fair moves back indoors to Rhinegeist in OTR on Sunday, Nov. 8.
- Bloomington Handmade Market: If you feel like taking a road trip, head to Indiana for this indie craft show Saturday, Nov. 14.
- Craftin’ Outlaws: Columbus, Ohio’s biggest indie craft show is totally worth the drive on Saturday, Nov. 14.
- Maker’s Mart: And if you’re up north, check out this indie craft fair in Toledo, Ohio on Saturday, Nov. 14.
- Sunset Salons: Craft ($): We’ll be part of the panel talking about craft at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Wednesday, Nov. 18.
- One Night One Craft: Handmade Holiday Ornaments ($): Get crafty at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Nov. 18.
- Ink Your Love ($): ArtWorks Cincinnati celebrates its city tattoo project on Friday, Nov. 20.
- Funke Fired Arts Holiday Bazaar: Go wild with ceramics shopping in Hyde Park on Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 21 and 22.
- Crafty Supermarket: Cincinnati’s biggest indie craft event of the year is at the Music Hall Ballroom on Saturday, Nov. 28!
- The City Flea Small Mall: Shop with your favorite local stores all in one place at the 21C Museum Hotel on Sunday, Nov. 29.
If you’d like to get a taste of the great work you’ll see at Crafty Supermarket next month, come to Rock Paper Scissors for Final Friday this week! The show opening on Oct. 30 features Tyler Hickey and James Billiter — James is one of the holiday show vendors at Crafty Supermarket, and he’s designing our limited edition swag bags this time around!
We’re putting together a window display at RPS of some of the local vendors you’ll find at our show — come to Final Friday to check it out! (The image above is from last year’s gorgeous window display.)
Rock Paper Scissors is at the corner of 13th and Main streets in Over-the-Rhine, and the opening is from 6 to 10 p.m. this Friday. You can RSVP and get all the details on Facebook.
Looking for crafty things to do in Cincinnati in October? We’ve got you covered:
- Cincinnati Design Week: AIGA and Agar are bringing amazing designers to the Queen City the whole week of Sept. 28 to Oct. 2.
- Essex Studios Art Walk: Explore all the artists in this studio space the evenings of Friday and Saturday, Oct. 2 and 3.
- Bend in the River Festival ($): Explore Price Hill at this festival of art and music Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 3 and 4.
- Art on Vine: This monthly OTR art market is downtown on Fountain Square on Sunday, Oct. 4.
- City Flea: And the big flea is back to Washington Square Park on Saturday, Oct. 10.
- Second Sunday on Main: Everybody’s taking it to the streets for this OTR outdoor market for its foodie finale on Sunday, Oct. 11.
- One Night One Craft: Explore the “binge drawing” with Lindsay from Rock Paper Scissors at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Oct. 14.