august art, craft + design events
Things to do in Cincinnati are plentiful this time of year — whether it’s a fun indoor event where you get to chill out in A/C or an outdoor festival with plenty of icy drinks and popsicles. We’ve compiled our monthly list of events around Cincinnati with that in mind, and we added a few fun options further afield, because there’s nothing like a good road trip in the summer. Read on!
And don’t forget to apply for our holiday craft show on Nov. 23! Applications are due Sept. 1.
- Guardian and Angel Oak: The Clifton Cultural Arts Center is having an opening party for the new exhibit by photographer Kent Krugh on Saturday, August 3.
- One Night One Craft: Painting with Wine: Put on your painter’s beret at the Contemporary Arts Center on Monday, August 5.
- Northside Second Saturdays: Shop the night away in Northside on Saturday, August 10. Be sure to stop by Fabricate to see its new gallery show!
- Taste of OTR: Love all the restaurants and drinkeries in OTR? They’ll be at this festival in Washington Park on Saturday, August 10.
- Rookwood Day: The Cincinnati Art Museum showcases this historical local pottery company with experts from Funke Fired Arts on Saturday, August 10.
- Art on the Lawn: Shop at this fine art and craft fair up in Yellow Springs on Saturday, August 10.
- Second Sundays on Main: The month’s theme is Fun in the Sun at this OTR street fair on Sunday, August 11.
- Art in the Commons: Up in Kettering, OH, more than 100 vendors will be selling their fine arts and crafts on Sunday, August 11.
- One Night One Craft: DIY Printing: Get started with screenprinting at the Contemporary Arts Center on Monday, August 12.
- Weapons of Mass Creation: Four hours up I-71 in Cleveland, great designers join bands for a creative conference from Friday, August 16, to Sunday, August 18.
- DIYpsi: Four hours up I-75 in Ypsilanti, MI, is a sweet indie craft fair from Friday, August 16, to Sunday, August 18.
- The City Flea: This urban flea market in OTR’s Washington Park runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, August 17.
- Bring Your Own Craft: Map Mania: The Cincinnati Art Museum gets craft at its monthly BYOC event on Sunday, August 18.
- One Night One Craft: Tiny Terrariums: Create a tiny world in a bottle at the CAC on Monday, August 19.
- One Night One Craft: Beer Crafting: Drink up at the CAC on Monday, August 26.
- OTR Final Fridays: Gallery-hop and shop till you drop in Over-the-Rhine the evening of Friday, August 30.
- Oakley Fancy Flea: This fun little market is happening in Oakley on Saturday, Aug. 31.
For even more things to do in Cincinnati, check out Enjoy The Arts’ events listings!
No comments yet