For makers seeking indie craft shows to do for the rest of the year, we have created this master list of the best fall and holiday craft shows around the Midwest for September to December 2016!
Posts tagged ‘midwest’
Things tend to be a little quiet in January, but there are still a few crafty things to do in Cincinnati for folks who want to stay warm!
- Drink and Draw: Get creative with Lindsay Nehls and some coloring books at the Contemporary Arts Center on Thursday, Jan. 7.
- Art on Vine: It’s the first art market of 2016 at Rhinegeist in OTR on Sunday, Jan. 17.
- Visionaries + Voices Art Class: Explore making text visual art at the 21C Museum Hotel on Sunday, Jan. 17.
- Stitch ‘n’ Sip: Hang out at the Hoop and Needle in Northside on Thursday, Jan. 21.
- Sunset Salons: Confections: Explore the world of sugary goodies at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Wednesday, Jan. 27.
- Art After Dark: Winter Wilderness: Dress in black and white for this party at the Cincinnati Art Museum on Friday, Jan 29.
FYI! We will post in mid-January the application info for our spring craft show, which will be May 7, 2016, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center in Cincinnati’s beautiful Gaslight District! If you’re interested in being a vendor at the show, keep following our website, Facebook or Twitter and sign up for our e-newsletter to be notified of when we post the application! You may also like our handy crafter FAQ here.
We have so many things to do in Cincinnati in November, it’s borderline ridiculous. Aside from our huge holiday craft show, there are plenty of events to keep you busy, both in town and within a few hours’ drive:
- Clay Alliance Empty Bowls: Buy a handmade bowl to help fight childhood hunger on Sunday, Nov. 1.
- Antique Christmas Celebration: Get into the holiday spirit at the Taft Museum on Friday, Nov. 6.
- Autumn Air Art Fair: Including the Tiger Lily Press sale at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, Nov. 7.
- The Flea Off Market: Down in Louisville, KY, this outdoor market will be hopping Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 7 and 8.
- Art on Vine: This monthly art fair moves back indoors to Rhinegeist in OTR on Sunday, Nov. 8.
- Bloomington Handmade Market: If you feel like taking a road trip, head to Indiana for this indie craft show Saturday, Nov. 14.
- Craftin’ Outlaws: Columbus, Ohio’s biggest indie craft show is totally worth the drive on Saturday, Nov. 14.
- Maker’s Mart: And if you’re up north, check out this indie craft fair in Toledo, Ohio on Saturday, Nov. 14.
- Sunset Salons: Craft ($): We’ll be part of the panel talking about craft at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Wednesday, Nov. 18.
- One Night One Craft: Handmade Holiday Ornaments ($): Get crafty at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Nov. 18.
- Ink Your Love ($): ArtWorks Cincinnati celebrates its city tattoo project on Friday, Nov. 20.
- Funke Fired Arts Holiday Bazaar: Go wild with ceramics shopping in Hyde Park on Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 21 and 22.
- Crafty Supermarket: Cincinnati’s biggest indie craft event of the year is at the Music Hall Ballroom on Saturday, Nov. 28!
- The City Flea Small Mall: Shop with your favorite local stores all in one place at the 21C Museum Hotel on Sunday, Nov. 29.
Applications for the Crafty Supermarket holiday craft show are now closed! We will let everyone who applied know about their acceptance status by Sept. 15.
Accepted crafters will have until Oct. 1 to pay their table fee. If you don’t pay your table fee by Oct. 1, we’ll offer the space to another crafter who applied before the deadline.
I missed the deadline! Can I still apply?
We get more applications for the show than we can accept, so we can’t allow any late applications out of fairness to crafters who applied before the deadline. If a spot opens up from a vendor being unable to attend the show, we select alternates from the people who applied before the deadline.
If you want to apply to be in our next show, be sure to follow us here on the website, on Facebook or via our e-newsletter. We broadcast our upcoming opportunities in all those places! Information about our 2016 spring show will be posted in January.
Summer festival season is in full swing! If you’re looking for things to do in Cincinnati, these are the art, craft and design events that you need to know about.
- Art on Vine: This monthly OTR art market is downtown on Fountain Square on Sunday, July 5.
- One Night One Craft: State Embroidery: ($) Make a wallworthy sampler with Purple Hippo Stitches at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, July 8.
- All Star Market: The City Flea celebrates the All-Star Baseball game with a special market in Washington Park on Saturday, July 11.
- Second Sunday on Main: Everybody’s taking it to the streets for this OTR outdoor market on Sunday, July 12.
- One Night One Craft: Rope Coil Weaving: ($) Learn how to make a basket at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, July 15.
- City Flea: And the flea is back to Washington Square Park on Saturday, July 25.
- OFF Market: Shop your way around Oakley Square on Saturday, July 25.
PS: We’ll be updating our site with information about our big holiday show in November shortly, and the application for vendors will be open in mid-July! Stay tuned.
It was a rainy day, but our spring show was a big success! Big thanks go out to our sponsors, our trusty volunteers, our resident DJ Ben Davis, the incredible staff of the Clifton Cultural Arts Center and the 50 vendors who traveled from near and far to be with us. But especially to the 2,000+ shoppers who braved the rain to come hang out at the show!
A hip hip hooray to Half Hazard Press for designing and printing the beautiful totes for our swag bags:
And a crafty salute to this lady who was first in line for one of those swag bags shortly after 9 a.m.!
Here are a few more of our favorite shots from the show on Instagram!
Our next show is Nov. 28 at the Music Hall Ballroom, and application info for vendors will be posted in July. Stay crafty!
Chris + Grace