december art, craft + design events
Crafty Supermarket might be over for this year, but there are still plenty of options for handmade shopping and artsy fun in Cincinnati in December! If you’re traveling for the holidays, many other Midwestern cities have indie craft shows going on this month. Here’s what we recommend for things to do in Cincinnati and further afield:
- Oakley Fancy Flea: The OFF Market has a winter event at the 20th Century Theater on Sunday, Dec. 1.
- Making Holiday Memories: Get crafty, get shopping and have a drink at the Contemporary Arts Center the evening of Monday, Dec. 2.
- INDIEana Handicraft Exchange holiday mini: If you’re in Indianapolis on Friday, Dec. 6, stop in this handmade market at the Harrison Center for the Arts!
- Cincideutsch Christkindlmarkt: Browse an authentic German Christmas market with local artisans, traditional German fare, Glühwein (hot spiced wine), entertainment, and more at Findlay Market the weekends of Dec. 6-8 and 13-15.
- Essex Studios Holiday Art Walk: Tour 120+ artists’ studios and do some shopping in East Walnut Hills the evenings of Friday and Saturday, Dec. 6-7.
- Clay Alliance Holiday Pottery Fair: Shop for handmade ceramics and pottery from 30+ vendors at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, Dec. 7.
- Main Street Merry Market: Park + Shine: Park + Vine and Broadhope Art Collective curate a pop-up shop at 1329 Main St. on Saturday, Dec. 7, hosted by SpringBoard Cincinnati.
- Handmade Arcade: If your holiday travels take you to Pittsburgh, be sure to stop by this major indie craft show at the convention center downtown on Saturday, Dec. 7.
- Detroit Urban Craft Fair: And if you’re in Detroit on Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 7-8, check out this long-running indie craft show!
- Visionaries + Voices Art Class: Learn how to do embroidery at the 21c Museum Hotel on Sunday, Dec. 8.
- Main Street Merry Market: Holiday Craft Workshops: The Bird Haus is doing hands-on crafting at 1329 Main St. in OTR on Saturday, Dec. 14, hosted by SpringBoard Cincinnati.
- City Flea Holiday Market: The last flea of the season is an outside show in Washington Park the evening of Saturday, Dec. 14.
- Light Up OTR: And the City Flea is the same night as the lighting of the holiday Christmas tree in Washington Park and an after-party Saturday, Dec. 14.
- Bread Box Holiday Market: This new craft show is happening in Lexington, KY, on Saturday, Dec. 14.
- Cleveland Bazaar Holiday Show West: If you find yourself in Cleveland Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 14-15, you can buy handmade at this show with 100+ vendors!
- Bring Your Own Craft: Make your own snow globe at the Cincinnati Art Museum the afternoon of Sunday, Dec. 15.
- “Final Friday” before Christmas: Shop Over-the-Rhine on Friday, Dec. 20, for last-minute gifts from local merchants with extended hours.
- Art Off Vine: Shop with local artists and artisans at Rhinegeist Brewery, a block from Findlay Market, 2-10 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21.