Even though the holiday Crafty Supermarket has come to a close, there are still plenty of ways to buy handmade! Here’s our big monthly list of things to do in Cincinnati in December. (And check out our list of Midwest craft shows to visit if you’re on the road this month!)
- Holiday Art Walk: Essex Studios opens its doors to the public, and hosts the Clay Alliance Holiday Sale, on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2 and 3.
- Covington Night Bazaar: Shop at the Renaissance Covington the evenings of Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2 and 3
- Findlay Market Holiday Market: Shop with seasonal vendors on Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 3 and 4.
- CAC Makerspace: Holiday Party Kitchen Chemist: Learn some molecular gastronomy tips at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Dec. 7.
- Core Clay Holiday Studio Sale: Love ceramics? You’ll love to be here Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 10 and 11.
- Art on Vine: The holiday gift sale is happening at Rhinegeist on Sunday, Dec. 11.
- Indigo Hippo Fundraiser: Celebrate this art nonprofit at the Woodward Theater on Tuesday, Dec. 13.
- City Flea: Cozy up to this market at Washington Park in OTR on Saturday, Dec. 17.
- Craft Menagerie: This semiannual craft show takes over Arnolds on Saturday, Dec. 17.
- Mockbee Holiday Fair: Shop at the Mockbee the evenings of Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 21 and 22.
Attention crafters and makers: Applications will open in January for our spring show on April 29, 2017, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center.
It is Crafty Supermarket month! Our big holiday show is Saturday, Nov. 19, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the UC Rec Center, and you better not miss it! We’ve got a bigger space and 130 handmade vendors from across the eastern U.S., plus all the other stuff you love, like local food, a live DJ and crafty activities. It’s free for shoppers, as always! Here are even more things to do in Cincinnati in November:
- Autumn Air Art Fair: Buy local at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, Nov. 5.
- Art On Vine: This monthly art show moves indoors to Rhinegeist for the colder months on Sunday, Nov. 6.
- Empty Bowls ($): The Clay Alliance’s annual fundraiser to fight hunger at the Bell Event Center is Sunday, Nov. 6.
- First Batch Demo Day ($): See the latest crop of entrepreneurs — including some friends of Crafty Supermarket! — present their products at Rhinegeist on Wednesday, Nov. 9.
- Bloomington Handmade Market: Go on a little road trip to Indiana to shop at this indie craft market on Saturday, Nov. 12.
- Maker’s Mart: Another great option for handmade shopping is up in Toledo, OH, on Saturday, Nov. 12.
- One Night One Craft ($): Marbleized gifts are being made at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Nov. 16.
- ArtWorks 21 Candles ($): This local arts nonprofit celebrates its 21st birthday with a blowout at Lunken Airport on Friday, Nov. 18.
- Crafty Supermarket! Our big holiday show is in the heart of the University of Cincinnati’s campus from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 19.
- Queen City Clay: This studio’s holiday bazaar is Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 19 and 20.
- Drink, Draw & Listen: Recover from Thanksgiving at the CAC for an evening of creativity and classical music on Friday, Nov. 25.
- Winterfair: Northern Kentucky hosts a giant expo of fine art and craft Friday to Sunday, Nov. 25 to 27.
- Crafty Mart: Didn’t get quite all your shopping done at Crafty Supermarket? Head up to Akron, OH, Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 26 and 27.
- One Night One Craft ($): Get stitchy at the CAC with the Hoop and Needle to make some embroidered gifts on Wednesday, Nov. 30.
As the weather turns chilly, you might be tempted to move indoors for the rest of the year. But there are way too many things to do in Cincinnati this October to give in to hibernation just yet! These are the best art, craft and design events going on in the Queen City this month:
- Bend in the River Art + Music Festival: Celebrate the art and music of Lower Price Hill on Saturday, Oct. 1.
- FotoFocus: Celebrate photography all month around Cincinnati with this biennial exhibition from Oct. 1 to 31.
- Art on Vine: This monthly art show takes over Fountain Square on Sunday, Oct. 2.
- Hyde Park Art Show: The 50th anniversary of this neighborhood art show is Sunday, Oct. 2.
- ArtWorks Big Pitch ($): Eight local projects compete for $20,000 in funding at Rhinegeist on Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Drink and Draw: It’s Inktober at the Contemporary Art Museum on Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Old Kentucky Makers Market: Enjoy live music, food and makers in Bellevue on Friday, Oct. 7.
- Harvest the Arts: The city of Newport hosts an arts and crafts festival on Saturday, Oct. 8.
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire ($): Celebrate all things creative and DIY at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 8 and 9.
- Second Sunday on Main: The last monthly Main Street market of the summer is Sunday, Oct. 9.
- The City Flea: Shop the big flea in Over-the-Rhine’s beautiful Washington Park on Saturday, Oct. 15.
- CAC Makerspace: Learn all about photo hacks you can do yourself at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Oct. 19.
- Midwest Craft Con Party: This creative conference for makers happens in February but you can hang out with conners for a crafternoon at the Hoop and Needle in Northside on Saturday, Oct. 22!
- GUTS: Join AIGA Cincinnati in this creative pumpkin carving contest to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation on Saturday, Oct. 22.
And remember, our big holiday craft show is coming up on Saturday, Nov. 19 — this year at the University of Cincinnati Campus Rec Center!
For makers seeking indie craft shows to do for the rest of the year, we have created this master list of the best fall and holiday craft shows around the Midwest for September to December 2016!
Summer in the city is the best time! These are the top crafty things to do in Cincinnati for July:
- Art on Vine: This monthly art show celebrates Independence Day at Fountain Square on Sunday, July 3.
- Drink and Draw: Booze your own adventure with Chase Public at the Contemporary Arts Center on Thursday, July 7.
- Hamilton Flea: This northern suburb hosts an urban market of its own on Saturday, July 9.
- Second Sunday on Main: Shop with vendors and retailers monthly on Main Street in Over-the-Rhine on Sunday, July 10.
- One Night One Craft ($): Make a map of your experiments at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, July 13.
- The City Flea: Shop the big flea in Over-the-Rhine’s beautiful Washington Park on Saturday, July 16.
- One Night One Craft ($): Turn an old shirt into mudcloth at the CAC on Wednesday, July 20.
- The Good People Festival: Enjoy music, craft activities and artisan vendors in Covington on Sunday, July 24.
- CAC Makerspace ($): Learn how to incorporate circuits into your sewing at the CAC on Wednesday, July 27.
- Art After Dark: Enjoy a cocktail at the Cincinnati Art Museum the evening of Friday, June 29.
- The OFF Market: Shop the day away in Oakley Square on Saturday, July 30.
Save the date: Applications will be posted July 15 for our big holiday show, happening this year at the University of Cincinnati Rec Center on Saturday Nov. 19!
Hoo boy, there are so many artsy craftsy things to do in Cincinnati in May! Festival season is really kicking off, and we’ve got an embarrassment of riches in the Queen City:
- May the Fourth Be With You: Experience Star Wars through art at the Brew House in Walnut Hills on Wednesday, May 4.
- Drink and Draw: Have a whale of a good time at this monthly art happening at the Contemporary Arts Center on Thursday, May 5.
- Teen Art Thing: Teens can get crazy with art at the CAC the evening of Friday, May 6.
- Crafty Supermarket! Our spring show is happening 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, May 7.
- Spring Pottery Fair: The Clay Alliance takes over Woodburn Avenue in Walnut Hills on Saturday, May 7.
- Rhinegeist Maker Day: The Makerspace at the downtown library is hosting a day of making at everybody’s favorite OTR brewery on Saturday, May 7.
- Northside Art in the Park: Artists will take over Hoffner Park all day Saturday, May 7.
- Incline District Street Fair: Celebrate East Price Hill at this monthly summer event starting Saturday, May 14.
- Hamilton Flea: This northern suburb is starting an urban market of its own on Saturday, May 14.
- Sunset Salons: Art and Antiques: Learn about the appraisal process at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Wednesday, May 18.
- The City Flea + Art on Vine: The first Flea of the year corresponds with Art on Vine and Summer Celebration at Washington Park in OTR on Saturday, May 21.
- Art After Dark: Party at the Cincinnati Art Museum the evening of Friday, May 27.
- The OFF Market: Shop the day away in Oakley Square on Saturday, May 28.
It’s time to get out of the house and enjoy the spring weather while supporting local artists! These are the best crafty things to do in Cincinnati that we know about for April:
- Essex Studios Art Walk: Explore all the artists inhabiting this Walnut Hills studio center the evenings of Friday and Saturday, April 1 and 2.
- Crafty Mart Mom and Pop Shop: Going up north? Hit up this indie craft show in Akron, OH, on Saturday, April 2.
- The City Flea: Shop at a mini-market in honor of the Reds’ Opening Day in Washington Park on Monday, April 4!
- Makerspace: Circuit Circus: Be a part of a crazy project for the Oxford Kinetics Festival at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, April 6.
- Drink and Draw: Get artsy in the lobby of the CAC with L.D. Nehls on Thursday, April 7.
- Tidal Arts x Tech Challenge: ArtsWave is connecting the arts and tech communities in this weekend-long hackathon Friday to Sunday, April 8 to 10.
- Art on Vine: Shop with lots of local makers at Rhinegeist on Sunday, April 17.
- Oxford Kinetics Festival: Makers rejoice at this family-friendly festival on the campus of Miami University on Sunday, April 17.
- Craftin’ Outlaws: This major craft show in downtown Columbus, OH, is all day Saturday, April 24.
- ArtWorks Breakfast: Join city leaders for networking and talks at the Duke Energy Center on Tuesday, April 26.
- DAAPworks: See the best work from UC’s design, art, architecture and planning students from Tuesday to Saturday, April 26 to 30.
- Bloomington Handmade Market: Take a little trip to Bloomington, IN, for this sweet indie craft show on Saturday, April 30.
Our next show is Saturday, May 7, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center in Cincinnati’s Gaslight District. See you there!
The crafty scene is starting to warm up! Here are all the art and craft things to do in Cincinnati for March, including business events for makers and artisans!
- Grant Information Session: Learn how you can get $10,000 from People’s Liberty for your project on Wednesday, March 2.
- Drink and Draw: Get creative with Lindsay Nehls in the Contemporary Arts Center lobby on Thursday, March 3.
- Craft Menagerie: Buy handmade at Arnold’s for this Bockfest celebration on Saturday, March 5.
- Not Just Makeup: Learn about the expression of body adornments throughout history at the Cincinnati Art Museum on Saturday, March 13.
- Art On Vine: Shop your heart out at Rhinegeist for this monthly market on Sunday, March 20.
- Marketing Your Art ($): Learn how to use social media in this class, the first of seven over the following weeks, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Monday, March 21.
- Sunset Salons: Design: Spend an evening with talented designers from around Cincinnati at the CCAC on Wednesday, March 23.
- Indigo: Rock Paper Scissors in OTR is transforming into a donation-based art supply space called Indigo, which is opening with its first gallery show on Final Friday, March 25.
- Maker Meetup and Potluck: Hang out with fellow makers of all stripes at Rhinegeist on Friday, March 25.