crafty supermarket is brought to you by…
We rely on the contributions of local arts organizations and DIY-friendly businesses to make Crafty Supermarket happen. (Have you RSVPed for our Nov. 23 craft show on Facebook yet? Invite your friends, while you’re at it!)
Here’s a little more info about Crafty Supermarket’s fabulous sponsors:
The Cincinnati Art Museum hosts a monthly BYOC — Bring Your Own Craft! — and there’s a new exhibit on fashion and craft up through the new year. Did you know? The museum has free admission!
Joining Enjoy the Arts gives people under 35 free and VIP access to arts-related events around Cincinnati all year long. Bookmark their arts events calendar to stay up-to-date!
- 21c Museum Hotel: The hottest new hotel in town has a special rate for friends of Crafty if you’d like to stay in the city’s only museum/hotel!
- Arnold’s Bar & Grill: This restaurant has a 150-year history of serving up great drinks and food downtown on East Eighth Street!
- Brazee Street Studios: Brazee Street is home to many artists’ studios as well as hands-on glass art making for all ages.
- Broadhope Art Collective: The ladies of this West Side crafty enclave will be doing craft activities on site at the show with you!
- Busy Beaver Button Co.: Need lots of badges for a party or just because? Busy Beaver Button Co. is a lady-owned and -operated company out of Chicago that is super rad!
- BuyCincy: Support locally owned businesses the weekend of Nov. 21-24 with this update to Cincinnati Unchained!
- Consumer Crafts: Craft it up on a budget with this online retailer of craft supplies!
- DAAP at UC: The DAAP Galleries present a new show, Indiependent, focusing on indie craft artists, with a reception the night before our show.
- Fabricate: Shop indie all year round in Northside! Fabricate celebrates its fourth birthday this year, with a party on Saturday, Nov. 9.
- Fold Me Up!: Local author Michelle Taute will have her new book on paper fortune tellers at the show, and show you how to make your own cootie catchers!
- gracie sparkles books: Handmade cards, books and other stationery, plus zines!
- Kiki Magazine: The folks from this magazine for teen girls will have hands-on craft activities for you do to during the show.
- NVISION: Shop vintage clothing, art and furniture at this favorite Northside shop.
- PROJECTMILL: These folks make stuff happen, including the monthly Slurring Bee at Mayday and dance parties around the city.
- Random Snacks of Kindness: Nab the first batch of Ginger Coconut snacks created by Feast and ArtWorks to benefit the arts organization.
- Rock Paper Scissors: Get your fill of art supplies, local music and workshops in this new shop in OTR.
- Smartfish Footwear: Handmade and sustainable shoes made in Cincinnati by Crafty Supermarket cofounder Alisha Budkie!
- SpringBoard Cincinnati: Improve your business skills with this regular series of small biz workshops by ArtWorks.
- Visionaries + Voices: This Northside organization provides artistic, cultural and professional opportunities for artists with disabilities.
- Wire & Twine: The best Ohio- and Cincinnati-themed t-shirts, made with love!