february art + craft events in cincinnati
Spring is still a couple months away, but if you need to get out of the house, check out these great art, craft and design events in Cincinnati in February!
- The Bazaar Marketplace: The Southgate House Revival is having a little market in the Sanctuary bar space in Newport from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2.
- Beauty is Embarrassing: The Contemporary Arts Center will screen this documentary about artist Wayne White in conjunction with AIGA the evening of Monday, Feb. 4.
- Open Studio Night: Broadhope Art Collective hosts a free open studio night to get crafty at their space in Cheviot from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6.
- Macy’s Arts Sampler: In conjunction with Macy’s and ArtsWave, there’s a host of free events all around Cincinnati Saturday, Feb. 9. See the schedule here.
- Northside Second Saturdays: Shop late in Northside the evening of Saturday, Feb. 9, for Second Saturdays — Fabricate’s show this month is “Love Kills” by comic artist Brian Hagen.
- Fashion Thinking with Valerie Jacobs: LPK’s chief trend forecaster will talk about creative thinking with AIGA and SpringBoard the morning of Wednesday, Feb. 13.
- Minumental 26 opening reception: The Art Academy’s annual student, faculty and alumni exhibit features only works smaller than 2×2 inches. The show opens Friday, Feb. 15, from 6 to 8 p.m. and runs through March 8.
- OTR Final Fridays: Gallery-hop and shop till you drop in Over-the-Rhine the evening of Friday, Feb. 22.
- Creating the City from Debris: The CAC’s Family Saturday event is all about upcycling and will take place in the UnMuseum, the afternoon of Saturday, Feb. 23.
- 20th Century Cincinnati: Antique hunters will love this annual mid-century modern showcase, happening in Sharonville on Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 22 and 23.
If there are any art, craft or design events we missed, post it in the comments!
Save the date for our spring show: Saturday, April 27, 2013, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center! And crafter applications for the spring show are open until Feb. 28.