january art + craft events in cincinnati
The new year is looking good for art, craft and design events in Cincinnati! Here’s our monthly roundup of creative events you should know about in January 2013.
And if one of your new year’s resolutions is to build up your creative business in 2013, be sure to check out our small business resources for the greater Cincinnati area. We’ve collected lots of affordable or free resources for local entrepreneurs!
- Studio Sunday: The Cincinnati Art Museum will provide the sketching materials for all aspiring artists to draw its collection in Mt. Adams from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 6.
- AIGA Cincinnati Adobe Workshops: The local AIGA chapter is hosting two software workshops on Friday, Jan. 11 at the Art Academy in OTR: Building websites with Adobe Muse from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and designing apps with the Adobe Publishing Suite from 1:30 to 5 p.m. Workshops are $85 each or $125 for both ($60 and $100 for AIGA members).
- PULP ART: This new exhibit featuring nine paper artists at The Carnegie Galleries in Covington runs from Jan. 11 to Feb. 15, and the opening reception is 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 11.
- Northside Second Saturdays: Shop late in Northside the evening of Saturday, Jan. 12 for Second Saturdays.
- One Night One Craft: Skills for the New Year: The Contemporary Arts Center and Edible Ohio Valley will show you how to get started in brewing, canning and more at the CAC from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 14. There’s a $5 materials fee for the class.
- African Culture Fest: The Cincinnati Museum Center is hosting a three-day festival dedicated to African song, dance and craft from Saturday, Jan. 19 to Monday, Jan. 21. Check out the full schedule of events here.
- OTR Final Fridays: Lots of galleries and shops to see in Over-the-Rhine the evening of Friday, Jan. 25 for Final Friday!
- Sunsets at the Center: Read this Now!: This series at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center celebrates Cincinnati’s literary luminaries from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 31. Admission is $15 and includes cookies and coffee.
If there are any art, craft or design events we missed, post it in the comments!