As the weather turns chilly, you might be tempted to move indoors for the rest of the year. But there are way too many things to do in Cincinnati this October to give in to hibernation just yet! These are the best art, craft and design events going on in the Queen City this month:
- Bend in the River Art + Music Festival: Celebrate the art and music of Lower Price Hill on Saturday, Oct. 1.
- FotoFocus: Celebrate photography all month around Cincinnati with this biennial exhibition from Oct. 1 to 31.
- Art on Vine: This monthly art show takes over Fountain Square on Sunday, Oct. 2.
- Hyde Park Art Show: The 50th anniversary of this neighborhood art show is Sunday, Oct. 2.
- ArtWorks Big Pitch ($): Eight local projects compete for $20,000 in funding at Rhinegeist on Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Drink and Draw: It’s Inktober at the Contemporary Art Museum on Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Old Kentucky Makers Market: Enjoy live music, food and makers in Bellevue on Friday, Oct. 7.
- Harvest the Arts: The city of Newport hosts an arts and crafts festival on Saturday, Oct. 8.
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire ($): Celebrate all things creative and DIY at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 8 and 9.
- Second Sunday on Main: The last monthly Main Street market of the summer is Sunday, Oct. 9.
- The City Flea: Shop the big flea in Over-the-Rhine’s beautiful Washington Park on Saturday, Oct. 15.
- CAC Makerspace: Learn all about photo hacks you can do yourself at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Oct. 19.
- Midwest Craft Con Party: This creative conference for makers happens in February but you can hang out with conners for a crafternoon at the Hoop and Needle in Northside on Saturday, Oct. 22!
- GUTS: Join AIGA Cincinnati in this creative pumpkin carving contest to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation on Saturday, Oct. 22.
And remember, our big holiday craft show is coming up on Saturday, Nov. 19 — this year at the University of Cincinnati Campus Rec Center!