essential guide to crafty supermarket
So, you’ve got your shopping list made and your craft-shoppin’ sneakers at the ready. What else do you need to know? Here’s everything important:
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Spring Show!
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 7, 2011
Where: Clifton Cultural Arts Center, 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220
Cost: Free to the public!
ATM: Sadly, no ATM on site. The closest ones are on Ludlow Avenue, about a half-mile south of the venue.
- Got a wheelchair or a stroller? There’s an elevator on the west side of the building off the driveway between the CCAC and the recreation center.
- Want one of our 100 swag bags? Get in line real early! By the time the show starts at 11 a.m., we usually have a line around the block.
- Want to shop in peace? We totally understand—some folks just don’t like crowds. If you prefer to leisurely peruse all our vendors’ wares, come in the afternoon! Things usually slow down after 3 p.m.
- If you’ve got little ones, you should definitely come for DIY Printing’s screenprinting demo, which will run from 3-6 p.m. Little kids and big kids alike will be able to try screenprinting and learn how to fold a paper hat!
- Music at the show will be provided all day by Ben Davis of the PROJECTMILL collective.
The Clifton Cultural Arts Center in the Gaslight District is at 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220. It’s right at the corner of Clifton and McAlpin avenues. The 17, 18, 19, 39 and 78 buses have stops within a half mile of the CCAC. Get more details at http://www.sorta.com/.
Here are detailed Google Maps directions:
The closest parking is in the Clifton Rec Center lot right behind the CCAC, but if it fills up, you can park behind the Fairview German School—enter from McAlpin Avenue or from Clifton Avenue. There’s also plenty of street parking around the Clifton Gaslight neighborhood.
You can’t shop on an empty stomach! We’ll have treats from these fine folks outside the main entrance: