It was a rainy day, but our spring show was a big success! Big thanks go out to our sponsors, our trusty volunteers, our resident DJ Ben Davis, the incredible staff of the Clifton Cultural Arts Center and the 50 vendors who traveled from near and far to be with us. But especially to the 2,000+ shoppers who braved the rain to come hang out at the show!
Cheers to Dojo Gelato, C’est Cheese, Fireside Pizza, La Terza Coffee, Macaron Bar, and Red Sesame Korean BBQ for keeping us well-fed throughout the day!
A hip hip hooray to Half Hazard Press for designing and printing the beautiful totes for our swag bags:
And a crafty salute to this lady who was first in line for one of those swag bags shortly after 9 a.m.!
Thanks are due to the fine folks of the Contemporary Arts Center and the Cincinnati Main Library’s MakerSpace for running the hands-on maker table all day.
Here are a few more of our favorite shots from the show on Instagram!
Our next show is Nov. 28 at the Music Hall Ballroom, and application info for vendors will be posted in July. Stay crafty!
Chris + Grace
Are you ready to shop?! The spring Crafty Supermarket show is today from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Cincinnati’s Clifton Gaslight District, with 50 awesome vendors, delicious local food, hands-on craft activities and the stylings of DJ Ben Davis. See you there!
Check out our visitor’s guide for everything you need to know to have an awesome day at our show!
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Spring Show!
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 25, 2015
Where: Clifton Cultural Arts Center, 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220
Cost: Free to the public!
We know getting your shop on can work up an appetite, so we’ve got great local food and drink vendors lined up for our spring craft show at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on April 25:
- Dojo Gelato: Our fave gelato maker will be serving up dishes of icy treats in an ever-changing lineup of flavors.
- C’est Cheese: Grab yourself a delicious hot sandwich from this awesome grilled cheese truck!
- Fireside Pizza: The pies made with Fireside’s mobile brick pizza oven always hits the spot.
- La Terza Coffee: Chuck and his team make delicious coffee and espresso drinks to order. Absolutely essential for keeping up your energy!
- Macaron Bar: Perhaps you’d like a delightful delicacy with French flavor? This new OTR bakery will be serving up colorful little macarons!
- Red Sesame Korean BBQ: Do you like it hot? This food truck combines Korean barbecue flavors with the toteability of a taco to create delicious dishes.
It was a gorgeous day for a craft show: The spring Crafty Supermarket drew nearly 1,700 shoppers to the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on April 27. Below is a gallery of photos, mostly from during setup so you can see what goes on behind the scenes. We weren’t the only photographers — CityBeat took some great pictures, and I collected the best instagrams from the day here. Enjoy!
Save the date! The next Crafty Supermarket will be Saturday, Nov. 23, at the historic Music Hall Ballroom downtown! Crafter applications will be open in the summer.
Awesome show yesterday, y'all! Nearly 1,700 people showed up at the Crafty Supermarket spring show, and we are pleased as punch. And we have many people to thank...
I know I always work up an appetite when I’m at a craft show. So it’s a good thing we’ve got a bunch of awesome local food vendors at our spring craft show on April 27!
- Cafe De Wheels: Made-to-order burgers and sandwiches and fries
- Dojo Gelato: Handmade Italian-style gelato in surprising flavors
- Fireside Pizza: Fresh-out-of-the-mobile-brick-oven pizza
- La Terza Coffee: Fresh coffee and espresso from our main caffeine man, Chuck
- Melt: Choice selections from everyone’s favorite Northside deli
- Sweet Peace Bakery: Tasty vegan baked goods made with love and served out of a VW van
- Tacocracy: Killer tacos from this new Northside fave
PS: Did you RSVP for the show on Facebook yet? Be sure to add it to your calendar and invite all your crafty friends!
We're super excited for the big Crafty Supermarket spring show! Here’s all the info you need to have a successful shopping trip, including a parking map and detailed directions.