essential shopper guide to crafty supermarket!
Our big craft show is coming up on Saturday, Nov. 19 — so soon! The most important thing to know about Crafty Supermarket this year is that our holiday show is at a new location this year and happening the weekend before Thanksgiving. Because Music Hall is under renovation, we’re taking over the University of Cincinnati Rec Center’s six-court gymnasium. Here’s all the info you need to know to have a great day of shopping!
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Holiday Show (here’s the Facebook event)
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016
Where: UC Rec Center, 2820 Bearcat Way, Cincinnati, OH 45221
Cost: Free to the public!
Parking and directions
The UC Rec Center is right next to Nippert Stadium and the Student Life Center in the heart of the University of Cincinnati campus in Corryville. Here is a Google Map. The gymnasium is on the lower level; there is elevator access to the gymnasium.
There are many public transportation options to get to our show. Metro bus lines that have stops by the University of Cincinnati include 17, 19, 24, 31, 46, 51 and 78. There are also multiple RedBike locations around campus.
There are many parking garages on the UC campus, and while we don’t have direct influence on their prices or policies, it’s likely that there will be flat day-rate parking for campus garages. (Day rates on campus are often $5 or $10.) All campus garages are ADA accessible, as is the Rec Center. We definitely encourage you to carpool with friends to save money and ease congestion!
The UC main campus in Corryville is easily accessible from interstates 71 and 75. When plotting your route to the show, we recommend using one of the garages as your target address; it isn’t possible to drive up directly in front of the Rec Center. The Campus Green Garage is the closest one to the Rec Center, and it’s accessible from MLK Drive. You may also be able to find metered street parking near campus. Here’s a map that shows where parking garages and RedBike stations are nearby. The blue star marks the entrance to the Rec Center:
Here’s a closer view of what campus looks like around where the entrance to the Rec Center is:
You can find a clickable map of parking garages on UC’s campus here.
- Want one of our 100 swag bags? Arrive early! By the time the show starts at 11 a.m., we usually have a good line going.
- We love pets, but only service animals are allowed inside the show.
- If you arrive at the UC Rec Center before the show opens at 11 a.m., please wait in line. We can’t allow shoppers in the venue until the show officially starts for everyone’s safety!
- Many of our vendors accept credit cards, but not all of them do, so we recommend bringing cash to the show. There are also PNC, Fifth Third and US Bank ATMs on UC’s campus.
- Ben Davis of Bad Veins will be spinning tunes all day as our in-house DJ.
- If you prefer to leisurely peruse all our vendors’ wares, come in the afternoon! Things will slow down after 4 p.m., and our vendors are well-stocked so you don’t have to worry about missing the good stuff!
- In terms of food at the show, we’ll have food trucks outside and some food vendors inside, and most of the cafeterias on campus will be open. If you want to make a whole day of it, there are also tons of great restaurants and bars within walking distance of UC.