april art + craft + design events in cincinnati
Looking for something artsy to do in Cincinnati this month? Well, we know of one event you’ve got to be at! But Crafty Supermarket isn’t the only crafty event happening in Cincinnati in April. All of these fun events are worth checking out:
- “To Make the Thing That Makes the Thing”: The Cincinnati Art Museum will present a design talk from Chicago-based artist Theaster Gates Wednesday, April 3.
- Folksiders: The Kentucky-based festival goes across the river to Lawrenceburg, IN, the evening of Friday, April 5.
- Funke Spring Fiesta: The Funke Fired Arts pottery studio is having a spring fling Saturday and Sunday, April 6 and 7.
- Oxford Kinetics Festival: A little north of Cincy, you can check out this crazy sculptural competition on Miami University’s campus on Sunday, April 7. (The cool t-shirt design above is by our friends Wire + Twine!)
- Creative Hookup: A new networking event for creative businesspeople and entrepreneurs at Pallet23 in Northside on Thursday, April 11.
- Natural Dye Workshop: Smartfish Studio & Sustainable Supply hosts a workshop on coloring fabrics Saturday, April 13.
- Northside Second Saturdays: Shop all night long in Northside the evening of Saturday, April 13, for Second Saturdays.
- Macy’s Arts Sampler: In conjunction with Macy’s and ArtsWave, there’s a ton of free events all around Cincinnati on Saturday, April 13, including ArtsWave’s Amazing Arts Race.
- Art and Poetry at the Market: Findlay Market will be abuzz with poets, spoken word artists and artisans Sunday, April 14.
- Boat Shoe Making Workshop: Smartfish Studio & Sustainable Supply will show you how to make your own shoes Wednesday, April 17.
- Coptic Bookbinding Workshop: Make a journal to take home with you at Smartfish Studio & Sustainable Supply Saturday, April 20.
- Bring Your Own Craft: Fabric Flower Pots: Get crafty at the Cincinnati Art Museum on Sunday, April 21.
- Right-Brain Business Plan: This paid all-day workshop in Fairfield will help creative professionals take charge of their businesses Monday, April 22.
- OTR Final Fridays: Gallery-hop and shop till you drop in Over-the-Rhine the evening of Friday, April 26.
- Night Owl Market: Food trucks and lots of fun at the corner of Main Street and Central Parkway, from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday and Saturday, April 26-27.
- Crafty Supermarket: Your favorite indie craft show. :) You better be at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, April 27!
Our spring craft show is Saturday, April 27, 2013, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center! See our vendor list here, and learn about being a volunteer at the show here.
No comments yet