Holy tired Batman! We are still recovering from an awesome show but we wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who made our holiday edition of Crafty Supermarket a success. Here goes!
- First thanks to so many shoppers who braved the cold and followed us to a new location! We saw so many familiar faces and met many new fans. We’d love to know how you liked the new venue — if you can spare a minute, please fill out our shopper survey!
- Thanks you to our 130 indie craft vendors. The talent packed in that room was so inspiring! We had many local favorites and lots of out of town vendors who made the trip to our awesome city. Thanks for choosing us!
- To our trusty DJ Ben Davis who always plays just the right tunes for shopping, we love you.
- We totes loved our new tote designed by Jodi Lynn’s Emporium of Doodles and carefully printed by one of our AWESOME sponsors DIY Printing. Thank you both for being rad.
- We couldn’t survive without our food vendors! Thanks to Dojo Gelato, Macaron Bar, Frittle Candy, La Terza Coffee, Red Sesame Korean BBQ, Street Chef Brigade, Fireside Pizza, and Best Thing Smokin’.
- Thank you to our sponsors for supporting this show and believing in the maker movement. All of our sponsors are pretty amazing businesses who help make our city great! Thanks for what you do and for helping us do our thang.
- We also had tons of help from our volunteers. Thank you for carrying, shopping, refilling water bottles, relieving vendors, eating, dancing, and smiling! We couldn’t do this without you. Special thanks to Kate, Lauren, and Stephanie who were there with us all day.
- Thanks to UC Rec Center for taking a chance on our crazy show!
- Last of all let’s all give a special thanks to Grace Dobush (AKA Gayle) for all of the blood, sweat, and tears that she’s poured into Crafty Supermarket over the past 7 years. She is the best partner in crime and things are not going to be the same without her but I (Chris) will do the best I can to carry on this awesome torch. There will definitely be typos in future programs without her watchful eye, very awkward television appearances and more! Grace is moving to Germany in March so if you see her around town, give her a hug, wish her well but also make her feel guilty as hell. :) Here’s a picture of us at dinner after the show feeling delirious.
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for April 29, 2017! We’ll be back at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center for our spring show just in time for Mother’s Day shopping. Vendor applications will open mid-January so stay tuned. Sign up for our mailing list if you want regular updates. We won’t spam you, promise!
Here are some favorite photos we found out there in the internets:
You’ve been waiting, and Crafty Supermarket’s big holiday craft show is finally here! We’ve got 130 crafters, artists and designers selling their stuff, plus a live DJ, delicious local food inside and outside, and hands-on craft activities. We’ll see you uptown at the University of Cincinnati’s Rec Center — bring your friends, your family and your walking shoes!
Make a whole day of it — Corryville and University Heights have lots of delicious restaurants. Check out our insider guide for shoppers to see directions to our venue, parking info and other important details.
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Holiday Show (here’s the Facebook event)
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016
Where: UC Rec Center, 2820 Bearcat Way, Cincinnati, OH 45221
Cost: Free to the public!
Update: Applications are now closed!
Want to sell your wares at Cincinnati’s biggest, baddest indie craft show? Applications for Crafty Supermarket’s 2016 spring craft show were open from Jan. 15 to March 1.
Our craft show is at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center in Cincinnati from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 7, 2016. We expect more than 2,000 shoppers throughout the day to shop with our 50 vendors, enjoy great local food, a live DJ and hands-on craft activities for the young and young at heart!
HOW TO APPLY
It is essential to read our Crafter FAQ before you apply. Our show features handmade goods only — no commercial products or resellers.
In the online application, you’ll be asked to upload up to five images in JPG, GIF or PNG format. As you’re preparing your images, please follow these guidelines. The images should be at least 400×600 pixels but no bigger than 1 MB in size each. Please name your files in this format: BusinessName1.jpg, BusinessName2.jpg, and so on.
There’s a nonrefundable application fee of $10. (You’ll be guided to pay via PayPal when you complete the application. If you need help, PayPal has tutorials on its website — click on the Send Money tab.) The vendor fee for our spring show is $125, but if you’re accepted, the application fee counts towards the table fee.
When you submit the application, you should receive a confirmation message and a confirmation email from us and be taken to PayPal to pay the application fee. If that doesn’t happen, your application might not have gone through—email us to check on it.
We’ll stop accepting applications at 11:59 p.m. EST March 1. We’ll notify all crafter applicants of their acceptance status by March 15.
Here’s all the info you need to have a successful day out, including insider info, a parking map and detailed directions.
Applications for the holiday Crafty Supermarket show are now closed! We’ll notify everybody who applied of their status by Sept. 16. If you’re accepted, you’ll have until Oct. 1 to pay the remainder of the table fee — $85. If you don’t submit your table fee by Oct. 1, we’ll offer the space to another crafter.
I missed the deadline! Can I still apply?
We get way more applications for the show than we can accept, so we can’t allow any late applications out of fairness to those crafters. If a spot opens up from a vendor being unable to attend the show, we select alternates from the pool of people who applied before the deadline. If you want to apply to be in our next show, be sure to follow us here on the website, on Facebook or via our e-newsletter, which you can sign up for in the upper right corner of this site. We broadcast our upcoming opportunities in all those places!
Applications for our 2012 holiday craft show are due Sept. 1. Our holiday show is the biggest of the year, and we expect more than 2,000 shoppers on Nov. 17, 2012.
Applications for Crafty Supermarket’s 2012 holiday craft show are open from July 15 to Sept. 1! Our holiday show is the biggest of the year, and we expect more than 2,000 shoppers on Nov. 17, 2012.
The weather's getting warmer, birds are singing and flowers are blooming—must mean Crafty Supermarket is coming soon! If you'd like to get involved with the May 5 show, there are a couple ways to do that.