You’ve been waiting, and Crafty Supermarket’s big holiday craft show is finally here! We’ve got 130 crafters, artists and designers selling their stuff, plus a live DJ, delicious local food inside and outside, and hands-on craft activities. We’ll see you uptown at the University of Cincinnati’s Rec Center — bring your friends, your family and your walking shoes!
Make a whole day of it — Corryville and University Heights have lots of delicious restaurants. Check out our insider guide for shoppers to see directions to our venue, parking info and other important details.
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Holiday Show (here’s the Facebook event)
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016
Where: UC Rec Center, 2820 Bearcat Way, Cincinnati, OH 45221
Cost: Free to the public!
Show your love for handmade with these crafty things to do in Cincinnati in February!
- Maker Date Night ($): Make a love tester and chow down on some pizza at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Feb. 10.
- Free Admission Weekend: The Contemporary Arts Center celebrates its first weekend of offering free admission on Saturday, Feb. 13.
- Midwest Craft Con ($): Makers from all over the Midwest will descend on Columbus for this craft business conference Friday to Sunday, Feb. 19-21.
- Art on Vine: Get your shopping fix at Rhinegeist in OTR on Sunday, February 21.
- Visionaries + Voices Art Class: Try your hand at making art at the 21C Museum Hotel on Sunday, Feb. 21.
- One Night One Craft ($): Explore the art of coffee at the CAC on Wednesday, Feb. 24.
- Sip ‘n’ Stitch: Hang out at The Hoop and Needle in Northside on Thursday, Feb. 25.
- Art After Dark: It’s time for romance, revival and rumba at the Cincinnati Art Museum on Friday, Feb. 26.
- Macy’s Arts Sampler: Lots of free things to do around Cincinnati the weekend of Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 27 and 28!
Applications for our spring craft show are now open until March 1! The show is May 7, 2016, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center in Cincinnati’s beautiful Gaslight District.
We have so many things to do in Cincinnati in November, it’s borderline ridiculous. Aside from our huge holiday craft show, there are plenty of events to keep you busy, both in town and within a few hours’ drive:
- Clay Alliance Empty Bowls: Buy a handmade bowl to help fight childhood hunger on Sunday, Nov. 1.
- Antique Christmas Celebration: Get into the holiday spirit at the Taft Museum on Friday, Nov. 6.
- Autumn Air Art Fair: Including the Tiger Lily Press sale at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, Nov. 7.
- The Flea Off Market: Down in Louisville, KY, this outdoor market will be hopping Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 7 and 8.
- Art on Vine: This monthly art fair moves back indoors to Rhinegeist in OTR on Sunday, Nov. 8.
- Bloomington Handmade Market: If you feel like taking a road trip, head to Indiana for this indie craft show Saturday, Nov. 14.
- Craftin’ Outlaws: Columbus, Ohio’s biggest indie craft show is totally worth the drive on Saturday, Nov. 14.
- Maker’s Mart: And if you’re up north, check out this indie craft fair in Toledo, Ohio on Saturday, Nov. 14.
- Sunset Salons: Craft ($): We’ll be part of the panel talking about craft at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on Wednesday, Nov. 18.
- One Night One Craft: Handmade Holiday Ornaments ($): Get crafty at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Nov. 18.
- Ink Your Love ($): ArtWorks Cincinnati celebrates its city tattoo project on Friday, Nov. 20.
- Funke Fired Arts Holiday Bazaar: Go wild with ceramics shopping in Hyde Park on Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 21 and 22.
- Crafty Supermarket: Cincinnati’s biggest indie craft event of the year is at the Music Hall Ballroom on Saturday, Nov. 28!
- The City Flea Small Mall: Shop with your favorite local stores all in one place at the 21C Museum Hotel on Sunday, Nov. 29.
Feeling hot, hot hot: August’s full of things to do in Cincinnati.
- Incline District Street Fair: Explore artists in Price Hill on Saturday, August 1.
- Art on Vine: This monthly OTR art market is downtown on Fountain Square on Sunday, August 2.
- One Night One Craft: Summer Elixirs: ($) Mix things up with the 21C’s bartenders at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, August 5.
- Lumenocity: The biggest musical event of the year is happening in Washington Park from Wednesday to Sunday, August 5 to 9.
- Northside Community Yard Sale and Art Market: Shop all over this hip neighborhood on Saturday, August 8.
- Second Sunday on Main: Everybody’s taking it to the streets for this OTR outdoor market on Sunday, August 9.
- One Night One Craft: Booze & Updos: ($) Learn hot hair tricks from Parlour at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, August 12.
- City Flea: And the flea is back to Washington Square Park on Saturday, August 15.
- ArtWorks Big Pitch: Eight creative entrepreneurs compete for a $15,000 cash award and a $5,000 Audience Choice Award on Thursday, August 27.
- OFF Market: Shop your way around Oakley Square on Saturday, August 29.
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire: This festival of making is back at Cincinnati Museum Center Saturday and Sunday, August 29 and 30.
Hey you! Applications for our big holiday craft show at Cincinnati’s historic Music Hall are open until Sept. 1. Learn more and apply here!
The summer art show season is in full swing this month. Here's what you should be doing in June.