Coming soon: Midwest Craft Con!
Running a craft business can be a lonely endeavor. When you make a living selling what you make, you’re usually, well, making stuff. A revived creative business conference will get makers together to learn from each other and from experts in the creative fields. Midwest Craft Con is Friday to Sunday, February 19-21, 2016, in Columbus, Ohio, and early bird tickets are on sale now!
In addition to being a place to make new creative friends, Midwest Craft Con will be chock full of presentations, workshops and panel discussions aimed at mid-career makers and creative businesspeople. Topics will include:
- The creative process and renewal
- Scaling handmade businesses
- Hiring and HR issues for small businesses
- Wholesaling and trade shows
- The future of the handmade movement
- Branding and marketing
- Publicity and PR
- Publishing books and teaching your craft
- Successful email newsletters for creative businesses
- Copyright and plagiarism
- Craft community and diversity
The conference is going to be shaped to fit the needs of the people who attend it! If you have a great idea for a session you’d like to lead at Midwest Craft Con, you can fill out this contact form to make a proposal, and if you have a session idea you’d like to see someone else do, you can drop that in the suggestion box.