- ArtWorks: This arts organization (celebrating its 21st birthday this week!) will have button-making and coloring books.
- Cincinnati Art Museum: They’ll be selling memberships at the show — and tickets to the new Van Gogh exhibit will be in the 100 swag bags we give out at the beginning of the show!
- Contemporary Arts Center: The education department of the CAC always surprises us with hands-on activities such as jaunty hats and giftable goodies!
- Enjoy the Arts: They will be offering Pictures with Krampus, tying to their upcoming event with the Cincinnati Museum Center on Dec. 8, “A Krampus Carol.”
- Ensemble Theater: Members of the character crew will be joining us at Crafty Supermarket!
- Kneel to No One: Artists Jaimie Filer and Anthony Tank Mansfield are going to be creating two massive drawings throughout the day of the show, and they will raffle them off to lucky shoppers!
- Main Library MakerSpace: These fantastic makers will be bringing a button maker and other crafty supplies!
Posts tagged ‘makers’
As the weather turns chilly, you might be tempted to move indoors for the rest of the year. But there are way too many things to do in Cincinnati this October to give in to hibernation just yet! These are the best art, craft and design events going on in the Queen City this month:
- Bend in the River Art + Music Festival: Celebrate the art and music of Lower Price Hill on Saturday, Oct. 1.
- FotoFocus: Celebrate photography all month around Cincinnati with this biennial exhibition from Oct. 1 to 31.
- Art on Vine: This monthly art show takes over Fountain Square on Sunday, Oct. 2.
- Hyde Park Art Show: The 50th anniversary of this neighborhood art show is Sunday, Oct. 2.
- ArtWorks Big Pitch ($): Eight local projects compete for $20,000 in funding at Rhinegeist on Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Drink and Draw: It’s Inktober at the Contemporary Art Museum on Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Old Kentucky Makers Market: Enjoy live music, food and makers in Bellevue on Friday, Oct. 7.
- Harvest the Arts: The city of Newport hosts an arts and crafts festival on Saturday, Oct. 8.
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire ($): Celebrate all things creative and DIY at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 8 and 9.
- Second Sunday on Main: The last monthly Main Street market of the summer is Sunday, Oct. 9.
- The City Flea: Shop the big flea in Over-the-Rhine’s beautiful Washington Park on Saturday, Oct. 15.
- CAC Makerspace: Learn all about photo hacks you can do yourself at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Oct. 19.
- Midwest Craft Con Party: This creative conference for makers happens in February but you can hang out with conners for a crafternoon at the Hoop and Needle in Northside on Saturday, Oct. 22!
- GUTS: Join AIGA Cincinnati in this creative pumpkin carving contest to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation on Saturday, Oct. 22.
And remember, our big holiday craft show is coming up on Saturday, Nov. 19 — this year at the University of Cincinnati Campus Rec Center!
The awesome folks at Kiki Magazine are creating a room of craft activities at our big holiday show next Saturday, Nov. 28! Kiki is a locally produced independent magazine for girls who love life, appreciate creativity, and recognize good ideas. When you come into the Music Hall Ballroom, the Kiki craft room will be towards the corner to your right. There you’ll find:
A free make-and-take activity: You can create your own puzzle piece earrings. Keep them for yourself or give them as a gift!
Ever want to be on the cover of a magazine? You can get your picture taken in a giant Kiki cover! They will have a professional photographer there to take photos who can email the photos to you after the event. You’re also welcome to take photos with your phone!
You’ll also find handmade crafts for sale that have been featured in Kiki magazine, as well as handy maker kits that make great gifts — they contain everything you need to make LED greeting cards and a DIY runway skirt inspired by Michael Kors.
Running a craft business can be a lonely endeavor. When you make a living selling what you make, you're usually, well, making stuff. A revived creative business conference will get makers together to learn from each other and from experts in the creative fields. Midwest Craft Con is Friday to Sunday, February 19-21, 2016, in Columbus, Ohio, and early bird tickets are on sale now!
A handful of our past vendors are finalists this year! Your vote can help pick the audience favorite.
We're teaming up with Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire to put on a Crafty Mini Market at the festival Sept. 13-14!