october art, craft + design events in cincinnati
It’s the most wonderful time of the year — the air is crisp, the leaves are turning, and the holiday handmade shopping season is starting to ramp up. Here’s what’s going on in Cincinnati in October. Have fun!
- Essex Studios Art Walk: Explore what’s up at this Walnut Hills studio center on Friday and Saturday, Oct 3 and 4.
- Cincinnati Food Truck Association Food Festival: Taste the best of Cincinnati at Washington Park on Saturday, Oct. 4.
- Hyde Park Art Show: The 48th annual incarnation of this art show on the square is Sunday, Oct. 5.
- Fotofocus: This biennial photography exhibit starts Wednesday, Oct. 8, and runs through the end of the month at locations all over the city.
- Drink and Draw and Collage: Hang out at Rock Paper Scissors and get crafty on Thursday, Oct. 9.
- City Flea: Shop it out in Washington Park on Saturday, Oct. 11.
- Books by the Banks: Cincinnati’s premier event for booklovers (including kids activities) is happening downtown Saturday, Oct. 11.
- Second Sunday on Main: Get wild in OTR for Second Sunday’s final event of the season Sunday, Oct. 12.
- Stitch & Sip: The Hoop and Needle on Main Street welcomes all makers on Thursday, Oct. 16.
- Stitch ‘n’ Bitch II: Electric Boogaloo: Knit scarves for a Know Theatre production Sunday, Oct. 19.
- Craft Swap and Gallery Show: We’re curating a gallery show and window at Rock Paper Scissors on Main Street that will feature makers from our big holiday show, and we’re kicking it off with a craft swap on Saturday, Oct. 25.
- Final Friday in OTR: Come celebrate at Rock Paper Scissors and the rest of the rad stores in OTR on Friday, Oct. 31.
And we’ll see you in downtown Cincinnati on Saturday, Nov. 29, for the big Crafty Supermarket holiday show! It’s free to the public and will include 90 awesome crafters and makers from all over the eastern U.S.
No comments yet