july art, craft + design events
Summer’s heating up in the Queen City! If you’re looking for artsy craftsy things to do in Cincinnati in July, we have got you covered. This month is especially rich in hands-on craft activities. Read on for info!
Save the date! The next Crafty Supermarket will be Saturday, Nov. 23, at the historic Music Hall Ballroom downtown. Crafter applications will be open on our website from July 15 to Sept. 1.
- One Night One Craft: Fanciful Fascinators: Make something cute for your head with hark+hark at the Contemporary Arts Center on Monday, July 1.
- Northside July 4 Parade: The quirky neighborhood of Northside is the place to be on the Fourth of July. Its annual rock’n’roll parade and festival is not to be missed at noon, Thursday, July 4.
- One Night One Craft: Embroidery 101: Embroider with Sewn Studio at the Contemporary Arts Center on Monday, July 8.
- Ohio Made: The Ohio Arts League is putting on an Ohio-only arts fair in Ohio Village in Columbus Saturday and Sunday, July 13 and 14.
- The City Flea: This urban flea market in OTR’s Washington Park runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 13.
- Northside Second Saturdays: Shop all night long in Northside the evening of Saturday, July 13, for Second Saturdays. Be sure to check out the gallery show at Fabricate and popup vintage store in the back courtyard!
- Second Sundays on Main: The Pride edition of this OTR street fair includes the perennial favorite Drag Race on Sunday, July 14.
- One Night One Craft: Jiro Dreams of Sushi: Japanese cuisine at the Contemporary Arts Center on Monday, July 15.
- The Importance of Telling Your Story: SpringBoard’s monthly Round Table focuses on the importance of emotional connections in small business marketing on Monday, July 15.
- #AIGAVidConf: AIGA Cincinnati’s showing a buncha videos of design, web and branding talks at the 21c Hotel at a free event (with popcorn!) on Thursday, July 18.
- Bring Your Own Craft: Scrapbooking: The Cincinnati Art Museum gets craft at its monthly BYOC event on Sunday, July 21.
- One Night One Craft: Art of Brewing: It’s beer o’clock at the Contemporary Arts Center on Monday, July 22.
- OTR Final Fridays: Gallery-hop and shop till you drop in Over-the-Rhine the evening of Friday, July 26.
- Taft on Tap: For $35, you get to try six local brews, snack on light bites and enjoy the museum on Saturday, July 27.
- One Night One Craft: Knittin’ in the Nati: Stitch one, purl one at the Contemporary Arts Center on Monday, July 29.