may art, craft + design events
Looking for things to do in Cincinnati in May? We’ve got you covered:
- Night Owl Market: This food truck festival joins up with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra and Queen City Bike for a slow ride and “Fanfare for Cincinnati” at Music Hall and Washington Park from 6 to 11 p.m. Friday, May 3.
- Essex Studios Art Walk: Visit artists’ studios and check out spring artwork in Walnut Hills on the evenings of Friday and Saturday, May 3 and 4.
- Clay Alliance Spring Pottery Fair: Stroll around DeSales Corner in Walnut Hills to shop with 50 Clay Alliance members on Saturday, May 4, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunsets at the Center: Art & Architecture: The Clifton Cultural Arts Center with the Cincinnati Art Museum explores the idea of art as architecture in the city on Thursday, May 9.
- Ignite Cincinnati #9: Get inspired by this monthly salon where speakers’ presentations are capped at 5 minutes. This month’s event is at Memorial Hall on Thursday, May 9.
- Northside Second Saturdays: Shop all night long in Northside the evening of Saturday, May 11, for Second Saturdays.
- End Slavery Cincinnati: Fair Trade Market: The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center hosts a market to bring awareness to human trafficking on Thursday, May 16.
- Creative Mornings: This awesome monthly conversation series will happen next on Friday, May 17, with local designer Chris Glass speaking.
- Patti Smith: Following an opening celebration on Friday, May 17, the Contemporary Arts Center is bringing this legendary poet and musician to Cincinnati for a live performance on Saturday, May 18.
- The City Flea: This urban flea market in OTR’s Washington Park kicks off its summer season from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 18.
- V+V Double Vision 4: Visionaries + Voices puts on its anual art auction gala at the Carnegie in Covington on Saturday, May 18.
- Bring Your Own Craft: Shrinky Dink Jewelry: The Cincinnati Art Museum’s monthly BYOC event goes ’80s on Sunday, May 19.
- SpringBoard Round Table: Access to Capital: Learn about financing options for small businesses at ArtWorks on Monday, May 20.
- Fringe Festival: The 10th annual celebration of theater, performance and art in general starts Tuesday, May 28, and will occupy lots of locations in OTR through June 8.
- OTR Final Fridays: Gallery-hop and shop till you drop in Over-the-Rhine the evening of Friday, May 31.
- 48-Hour Film Project: Starting Friday, May 31, teams will work to create short films and compete for prizes.
- Summerfair: This annual arts fair, in its 46th year, will have 300 vendors at Coney Island starting Friday, May 31, through June 2.
Save the date! The next Crafty Supermarket will be Saturday, Nov. 23, at the historic Music Hall Ballroom downtown! Crafter applications will be open in the summer.