march art + craft events in cincinnati
There’s no shortage of crafty things to do in Cincinnati this month! Here’s our March roundup of art, design and craft events you should know about:
- Art Walk: Essex Studios hosts more than 120 artists in Walnut Hills the evenings of Friday and Saturday, March 1 and 2.
- Craft Menagerie: Can’t wait for Crafty Supermarket to get your shop on? Craft Menagerie is putting on a little indie craft show at Arnold’s downtown on Saturday, March 2.
- Macy’s Arts Sampler: In conjunction with Macy’s and ArtsWave, there’s a ton of free events all around Cincinnati on Saturday, March 2.
- OFFF: This major creative event at the Contemporary Arts Center includes presenters from the worlds of design, art and technology — you don’t want to miss it on Wednesday, March 6.
- Broadhope Open Studio Night: This crafty space in Cheviot opens its studio to the public 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 6.
- Sunsets at the Center: The Clifton Cultural Arts Center celebrates Cincinnati’s jazz history Thursday, March 7.
- ON! Handcrafted Digital Playgrounds: Following OFFF, this interactive exhibit at the CAC has its opening celebration Friday, March 8.
- In Depth: Behind the Seams: Cincinnati Art Museum pros talk about textile conservation and putting together a fashion exhibit Saturday, March 9.
- Northside Second Saturdays: Shop all night long in Northside the evening of Saturday, March 9, for Second Saturdays.
- From Platinum to Plastic: The Cincinnati Art Museum hosts this decorative arts and design talk about preserving jewelry Sunday, March 10.
- Bring Your Own Craft: Yarn Art: Get crafty at the Cincinnati Art Museum on Sunday, March 17.
- Round Table: Craft Shows 101: SpringBoard is hosting a panel including us about how to successfully sell at craft shows on Monday, March 18.
- Career, Collecting, Collection: Artist David C. Driskell talks about his life and African-American art at the Taft Museum of Art on Thursday, March 21.
- Family Saturday: Make Your Own Book: The CAC hosts Blue Manatee for an afternoon of storytelling and making Saturday, March 23.
- OTR Final Fridays: Gallery-hop and shop till you drop in Over-the-Rhine the evening of Friday, March 29.
- Art After Dark: The Cincinnati Art Museum hosts a fashion-centric happy hour with music and a cash bar Friday, March 29.
If there are any art, craft or design events we missed, post them in the comments!
Our spring craft show is Saturday, April 27, 2013, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center! Learn more about being a volunteer at the show here.