Are you super excited for the spring Crafty Supermarket show? We sure are, and so are our 50+ awesome crafters, artists and designers! Here’s all the info you need to have a successful shopping trip, including insider info, a parking map and detailed directions.
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Spring Show!
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 25, 2015
Where: Clifton Cultural Arts Center, 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220
Cost: Free to the public!
The Clifton Cultural Arts Center in the Gaslight District is at 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220. It’s right at the corner of Clifton and McAlpin avenues. The 17, 19, 51 and 78 buses have stops within a half-mile of the CCAC. Get more details at go-metro.com.
Here are detailed Google Maps directions:
The closest parking is in the Clifton Rec Center lot right behind the CCAC. You can also park by the Fairview German School — enter from McAlpin Avenue or from Clifton Avenue — or use the lot behind the Church of the Nazarene on Clifton Avenue. There’s also plenty of free street parking around the Clifton Gaslight neighborhood. If you’d like to take a stroll, the CCAC is only about a 15-minute walk from the Ludlow business district, where there are also public parking lots. Here’s a map of where our shoppers can park:
- Got a wheelchair or a stroller? There’s an elevator on the west side of the building off the driveway between the CCAC and the recreation center.
- Want one of our 100 swag bags? Plan to arrive early! By the time the show starts at 11 a.m., we usually have a line around the block.
- If you arrive at the CCAC before the show opens at 11 a.m., please wait outside. People will still be setting up their displays, and things can get a little crazy in there!
- Many of our vendors accept credit cards, but not all of them do, so we recommend bringing cash to the show. There’s no ATM on site, but there are plenty on Ludlow Avenue, about a half-mile south of the CCAC.
- Want to shop in peace? We totally understand—some folks just don’t like crowds. If you prefer to leisurely peruse all our vendors’ wares, come in the afternoon! Things usually slow down after 3 p.m. Our vendors bring plenty of stock, so you don’t have to worry about people being sold out!
- We love animals, but please don’t bring your dog inside the CCAC during the show unless it is a service animal, of course!
- If you’ve got kids in strollers, we recommend coming to the show after the initial rush. Things can get very crowded, which can be overwhelming for tots!
- If you wanna get crafty, we’ll have free hands-on craft activities all day, led by the Contemporary Arts Center in the first half of the show and the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County’s MakerSpace in the afternoon.
- Music at the show will be provided all day by DJ Ben Davis of Bad Veins.
- We’ve got six local food vendors at the show with tasty treats!
We know getting your shop on can work up an appetite, so we’ve got great local food and drink vendors lined up for our spring craft show at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center on April 25:
- Dojo Gelato: Our fave gelato maker will be serving up dishes of icy treats in an ever-changing lineup of flavors.
- C’est Cheese: Grab yourself a delicious hot sandwich from this awesome grilled cheese truck!
- Fireside Pizza: The pies made with Fireside’s mobile brick pizza oven always hits the spot.
- La Terza Coffee: Chuck and his team make delicious coffee and espresso drinks to order. Absolutely essential for keeping up your energy!
- Macaron Bar: Perhaps you’d like a delightful delicacy with French flavor? This new OTR bakery will be serving up colorful little macarons!
- Red Sesame Korean BBQ: Do you like it hot? This food truck combines Korean barbecue flavors with the toteability of a taco to create delicious dishes.
Our spring show is coming up on April 25, but there are many other crafty things to do in Cincinnati this month as well!
Crafty Supermarket is a magical event: Dozens of handmade vendors come from just a few minutes away or a few states away to show their best work to thousands of shoppers. To help us make the craft show the best it can be, we enlist volunteers and work with sponsors — and here’s how you can get involved:
At our spring show on April 25 at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center, we have a couple of opportunities for people to help out. (And when you assist us for a couple hours, you’ll get one of our famous swag bags!) Volunteers can choose to do any of the following things: help shoppers know where everything is, assist vendors who need a break, help load in at the beginning of the day or clean up at the end of the day. You can learn more and submit your info here. We’ll get back to you a few weeks before the show with the schedule. (Note that we sometimes get more volunteer applications than we can take, but we’ll get back to you either way!)
We work with all kinds of local organizations who love handmade and want to help spread the word. From arts nonprofits and landmark institutions to DIY shops and enterprises, if you support the maker movement, we’d love to work with you! Learn more about partnership opportunities here and don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have an idea of how we can work together!
This year will be plenty crafty: Here’s our semiannual list of indie craft shows happening around the Midwest.
Want to sell at Crafty Supermarket? Applications for our 2015 spring craft show are open until March 1!
We’re working with Cincinnati Magazine to award four outstanding vendors for awesomeness at our big indie craft show on Saturday, Nov. 29. (They highlighted five great vendors to look for already!) Tamia Stinson, a stylist and blogger for Cincinnati Magazine, will be evaluating our holiday show vendors to select winners for these categories:
- Best Display: Who’s got the most awesome booth?
- Best Products: Who’s got the most remarkable products for sale at the show?
- Best Newbie: Which of the 30 new vendors at our show is the raddest?
- and then the audience will vote for the People’s Choice!
You’ll be able to identify the winners by the amazing prize ribbons created by Abby Langdon! You can cast your vote for People’s Choice by filling out a ballot at the Cincinnati Magazine booth before 4 p.m. on Saturday. We’ll announce the People’s Choice winner before the end of the show, and you just might see all the winners on CincinnatiMagazine.com very soon.
Remember to RSVP for Crafty Supermarket on Facebook and invite all your friends, and we’ll see you on Saturday!