Holy tired Batman! We are still recovering from an awesome show but we wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who made our holiday edition of Crafty Supermarket a success. Here goes!
- First thanks to so many shoppers who braved the cold and followed us to a new location! We saw so many familiar faces and met many new fans. We’d love to know how you liked the new venue — if you can spare a minute, please fill out our shopper survey!
- Thanks you to our 130 indie craft vendors. The talent packed in that room was so inspiring! We had many local favorites and lots of out of town vendors who made the trip to our awesome city. Thanks for choosing us!
- To our trusty DJ Ben Davis who always plays just the right tunes for shopping, we love you.
- We totes loved our new tote designed by Jodi Lynn’s Emporium of Doodles and carefully printed by one of our AWESOME sponsors DIY Printing. Thank you both for being rad.
- We couldn’t survive without our food vendors! Thanks to Dojo Gelato, Macaron Bar, Frittle Candy, La Terza Coffee, Red Sesame Korean BBQ, Street Chef Brigade, Fireside Pizza, and Best Thing Smokin’.
- Thank you to our sponsors for supporting this show and believing in the maker movement. All of our sponsors are pretty amazing businesses who help make our city great! Thanks for what you do and for helping us do our thang.
- We also had tons of help from our volunteers. Thank you for carrying, shopping, refilling water bottles, relieving vendors, eating, dancing, and smiling! We couldn’t do this without you. Special thanks to Kate, Lauren, and Stephanie who were there with us all day.
- Thanks to UC Rec Center for taking a chance on our crazy show!
- Last of all let’s all give a special thanks to Grace Dobush (AKA Gayle) for all of the blood, sweat, and tears that she’s poured into Crafty Supermarket over the past 7 years. She is the best partner in crime and things are not going to be the same without her but I (Chris) will do the best I can to carry on this awesome torch. There will definitely be typos in future programs without her watchful eye, very awkward television appearances and more! Grace is moving to Germany in March so if you see her around town, give her a hug, wish her well but also make her feel guilty as hell. :) Here’s a picture of us at dinner after the show feeling delirious.
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for April 29, 2017! We’ll be back at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center for our spring show just in time for Mother’s Day shopping. Vendor applications will open mid-January so stay tuned. Sign up for our mailing list if you want regular updates. We won’t spam you, promise!
Here are some favorite photos we found out there in the internets:
Thank you to all the fine folks who came to Crafty Supermarket on Saturday! Our 50 vendors from across the country brought their A game, and we brought our credit cards. About 1,400 shoppers came out to be with us on the beautiful spring day, and we had extra visitors in the form of three gigantic bean bags called PLOP! (They’ll be on the CCAC lawn for the next few weeks.)
Our wonderful sponsors helped make it all happen, and DJ Ben Davis kept us grooving all day. Thank you to Pinwheel Print Shop for designing our swag totes and Aaron Kent of DIY Printing for screenprinting them! We love how SPRING they turned out:
Big hugs go out to our volunteers for helping us set up and keep things running smoothly! Thanks to Indigo Hippo, ArtWorks Cincinnati, the Contemporary Arts Center education team and Cut and Sewn for helping everybody get crafty with hands on activities all day!
Shoutouts to Dojo Gelato, Fireside Pizza Wagon, La Terza Artisan Coffee Roasterie, Macaron Bar, Quite Frankly and Street Chef Brigade for keeping us well-fed throughout the day!
Here are a few more of our favorite photos from the day:
Because our usual holiday venue of Music Hall is going under renovation this summer, our next show will be at a new venue! On Nov. 19, 2016, we’ll be taking over the gymnasium in the UC Recreation Center, in the heart of the University of Cincinnati campus in Clifton Heights. Application info for vendors will be posted in July. Stay crafty!
Chris + Grace
PS! If you love the Clifton Cultural Arts Center as much as we do, please follow the Friends of the CCAC Facebook page to stay up to date on their fight to stay in their building. There is a very real danger that the CCAC could be kicked out of its home of nearly a decade. Speak up and tell the school board why you love the CCAC!
Wow, y’all. Yesterday was our fifth birthday and 11th craft show, and it was incredible to celebrate it with crafty friends new and old. If you were one of the many people who shopped with us yesterday, please take our shopper survey to let us know what you thought so we can keep the show as awesome as possible!
We hate to be hyperbolic like “best show ever!” but seriously — yesterday was our BEST SHOW EVER. Our wildest dreams came true: More than 5,000 shoppers game out to shop with our 90 vendors, a full thousand more than last year’s attendance. This is what the place looked like during the busiest part of the day:
Even this guy showed up:
Cincinnati Magazine stylist Tamia Stinson picked three vendors at the start of the show to win awards for Best Display, Best Products and Best Newbie.
And the winners are:
Best Display: Marisol Spoon of Asheville, NC
Best Products: Oceanne of Cleveland, OH
Best Newbie: Pure Angora Knits of Cincinnati, OH
The sweet felt ribbons are creations from Abby Langdon. And the shoppers who attended the show voted for their favorite vendor to win the People’s Choice award. The big winner was Off the Beaten Path of Dayton, OH!
Big thanks go out to our sponsors, our trusty volunteers, our resident DJ Ben Davis, the incredible staff of Music Hall and all of you shoppers, of course. But especially all of the vendors who traveled from near and far to be with us.
Our spring show will be April 25 at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center. Vendor applications and all the details will be posted in January. For now we’re taking December off to relax and recover with our friends and families. See you in 2015! :)
chris + grace
It was our 10th show (can you believe it?), and we've got many people to thank for the day's success.
It was the biggest, most amazing craft show we've ever put together, and we couldn't have done it alone.