In case you needed another reason to get a good head start on your holiday shopping this Saturday, we’ve got another one. When you come to Crafty Supermarket this Saturday (omg!), you’ll get a program with listings of all our crafters, a cut-out-and-keep craft project by Paper Acorn and a Cincinnati Unchained passport.
What do you do with the shopping passport?
- Get it stamped at Crafty Supermarket on Saturday!
- Go to seven locally owned stores (more than 50 are participating!) to fill the rest of your passport.
- Write your name and info on it.
- Drop it off at any participating store.
- You’ll be entered in a drawing to win one of a passel of fabulous gift baskets!
It’s like a big shopping scavenger hunt! Cincinnati Unchained is a Buy Cincy initiative to get people shopping locally. They’re coordinating the whole shebang and encouraging local shopping by coordinating special deals for Nov. 20.
And speaking of stores — two indie craft stores will be represented at Crafty Supermarket! Both of ’em will have wares from indie crafters from around the country to give you even more options for gifts!
Fabricate, Cincinnati, OH
Wholly Craft!, Columbus, OH
So, you know there’s going to be a truckload of crafts at Crafty Supermarket, but we’ll also have tasty treats from these local food vendors:
- Green Eats: Delish dishes (such as samosas!) from a local caterer who uses local, seasonal and organic ingredients
- Picnic and Pantry: A new venture from the folks of Melt in Northside — we hear there’ll be Mexican street food
- Sweet Peace Bakery: Vegan baked goods, sweets and treats
- Taste of Belgium: The most delectable hot-off-the-grill waffles you’ll ever eat
- Whirly Girl Coffee: Coffee, coffee, coffee!
there’s just a little time left for holiday shopping this year, but i wanted to call out some fab handmade gift ideas from some of the local Crafty Supermarket vendors! even though time’s running out, the shipping should be fast. :)
VisuaLingual’s Midwest Seed Bombs
These are seriously blowing up, so to speak — they’ve had mentions in tons of national magazines. Each cute screenprinted bag contains five seed bombs with a mix of wildflowers native to the Midwest. $6
SMARTFISH handmade red flats
These adorable handmade flats are completely vegan and made without any adhesives. Alisha dyes the hemp canvas and pours the rubber soles into molds herself. Truly made in Cincinnati! $95
Paper Acorn’s set of 6 snowflake gift tags
These tiny tags come with silver strings to tie to your most precious presents. Each is two pieces: a silver circle and a die-cut blue circle. $5
Lori Brown’s Ruth softie
Under the moniker morninglori, Lori makes hand-embroidered creatures out of fleece and cotton. Baby tested and adult approved! $28
grey goose gifts’ biggie smalls necklace
This simple sterling silver chain has two circles, one big, one small. Pretty, simple and affordable! $20
grace dobush’s “crafty superstar” book
If you or a crafter in your life is trying to make a go at a DIY business, this book is a must-have. It’s got first-hand advice from 25 indie crafters on how to run a craft business and balance your crafty life with your day job. $15