The Crafty Supermarket holiday show might be over, but there are plenty more great craft shows happening in Cincinnati in December!
Posts tagged ‘crafting’
When shopping for awesome handmade goods, you sure can work up an appetite! Luckily, we’ve got eight awesome local food vendors at our holiday craft show on Nov. 17 to keep you well-fed:
- Cafe De Wheels: Made-to-order burgers and sandwiches!
- Dojo Gelato: Handmade Italian-style gelato in surprising flavors!
- Fireside Pizza: Fresh-out-of-the-mobile-brick-oven pizza!
- La Terza Coffee: Fresh coffee and espresso from our main caffeine man, Chuck
- Melt: Choice selections from everyone’s favorite Northside deli!
- Sweet Peace Bakery: Tasty vegan baked goods made with love and served out of a VW van!
- Tacocracy: Killer tacos from this new Northside favorite
- Taste of Belgium: Piping hot authentic Belgian waffles!
PS: Did you RSVP for the show on Facebook yet? Be sure to add it to your calendar and invite all your crafty friends!
The Contemporary Arts Center in downtown Cincinnati is one of the crafty treasures of the Queen City, and last year they started doing a super-fun series called One Night One Craft. This year's season has already begun, but there are five craft nights left this summer! In two hours, you'll learn to make something awesome and maybe even make some friends! It's just $5 (for materials), and there's a cash bar if you'd like to drink a little something while you're crafting. Here's the lineup for the rest of the season...
Our next show will be 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center! The holiday show is always an amazing time, but we’re going to make this our best show ever!
Applications for the Holiday 2011 show will be open from July 15 to Sept. 1, 2011. The link to apply will go up on our 2011 Holiday Crafters page, and there’s all sorts of details there about who we are and who we’re looking for. We’ll notify crafters of their acceptance status by Sept. 25.
What? Crafty Supermarket’s Holiday 2011 craft show
When? 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011
Where? Clifton Cultural Arts Center, 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH
Why? Because handmade is awesome!
So, you’ve got your shopping list made and your craft-shoppin’ sneakers at the ready. What else do you need to know? Here’s everything important:
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Spring Show!
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 7, 2011
Where: Clifton Cultural Arts Center, 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220
Cost: Free to the public!
ATM: Sadly, no ATM on site. The closest ones are on Ludlow Avenue, about a half-mile south of the venue.
- Got a wheelchair or a stroller? There’s an elevator on the west side of the building off the driveway between the CCAC and the recreation center.
- Want one of our 100 swag bags? Get in line real early! By the time the show starts at 11 a.m., we usually have a line around the block.
- Want to shop in peace? We totally understand—some folks just don’t like crowds. If you prefer to leisurely peruse all our vendors’ wares, come in the afternoon! Things usually slow down after 3 p.m.
- If you’ve got little ones, you should definitely come for DIY Printing’s screenprinting demo, which will run from 3-6 p.m. Little kids and big kids alike will be able to try screenprinting and learn how to fold a paper hat!
- Music at the show will be provided all day by Ben Davis of the PROJECTMILL collective.
The Clifton Cultural Arts Center in the Gaslight District is at 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220. It’s right at the corner of Clifton and McAlpin avenues. The 17, 18, 19, 39 and 78 buses have stops within a half mile of the CCAC. Get more details at http://www.sorta.com/.
Here are detailed Google Maps directions:
The closest parking is in the Clifton Rec Center lot right behind the CCAC, but if it fills up, you can park behind the Fairview German School—enter from McAlpin Avenue or from Clifton Avenue. There’s also plenty of street parking around the Clifton Gaslight neighborhood.
You can’t shop on an empty stomach! We’ll have treats from these fine folks outside the main entrance:
There is craftiness in numbers, as these folks prove:
When it comes to books, cards, prints or posters, Crafty Supermarket’s Spring Show has you covered:
The Diggingest Girl
gracie sparkles books
Not Too Pink
Sloe Gin Fizz
Ann Arbor, MI
Feeling fancy? Accessories with goodies from these Crafty Supermarket vendors:
Busty’s Fun Bags
Kin Ship Press
Off The Beaten Path
Sprightly Strands Boutique