Even though the holiday Crafty Supermarket has come to a close, there are still plenty of ways to buy handmade! Here’s our big monthly list of things to do in Cincinnati in December. (And check out our list of Midwest craft shows to visit if you’re on the road this month!)
- Holiday Art Walk: Essex Studios opens its doors to the public, and hosts the Clay Alliance Holiday Sale, on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2 and 3.
- Covington Night Bazaar: Shop at the Renaissance Covington the evenings of Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2 and 3
- Findlay Market Holiday Market: Shop with seasonal vendors on Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 3 and 4.
- CAC Makerspace: Holiday Party Kitchen Chemist: Learn some molecular gastronomy tips at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Dec. 7.
- Core Clay Holiday Studio Sale: Love ceramics? You’ll love to be here Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 10 and 11.
- Art on Vine: The holiday gift sale is happening at Rhinegeist on Sunday, Dec. 11.
- Indigo Hippo Fundraiser: Celebrate this art nonprofit at the Woodward Theater on Tuesday, Dec. 13.
- City Flea: Cozy up to this market at Washington Park in OTR on Saturday, Dec. 17.
- Craft Menagerie: This semiannual craft show takes over Arnolds on Saturday, Dec. 17.
- Mockbee Holiday Fair: Shop at the Mockbee the evenings of Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 21 and 22.
Attention crafters and makers: Applications will open in January for our spring show on April 29, 2017, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center.
As the weather turns chilly, you might be tempted to move indoors for the rest of the year. But there are way too many things to do in Cincinnati this October to give in to hibernation just yet! These are the best art, craft and design events going on in the Queen City this month:
- Bend in the River Art + Music Festival: Celebrate the art and music of Lower Price Hill on Saturday, Oct. 1.
- FotoFocus: Celebrate photography all month around Cincinnati with this biennial exhibition from Oct. 1 to 31.
- Art on Vine: This monthly art show takes over Fountain Square on Sunday, Oct. 2.
- Hyde Park Art Show: The 50th anniversary of this neighborhood art show is Sunday, Oct. 2.
- ArtWorks Big Pitch ($): Eight local projects compete for $20,000 in funding at Rhinegeist on Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Drink and Draw: It’s Inktober at the Contemporary Art Museum on Thursday, Oct. 6.
- Old Kentucky Makers Market: Enjoy live music, food and makers in Bellevue on Friday, Oct. 7.
- Harvest the Arts: The city of Newport hosts an arts and crafts festival on Saturday, Oct. 8.
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire ($): Celebrate all things creative and DIY at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 8 and 9.
- Second Sunday on Main: The last monthly Main Street market of the summer is Sunday, Oct. 9.
- The City Flea: Shop the big flea in Over-the-Rhine’s beautiful Washington Park on Saturday, Oct. 15.
- CAC Makerspace: Learn all about photo hacks you can do yourself at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, Oct. 19.
- Midwest Craft Con Party: This creative conference for makers happens in February but you can hang out with conners for a crafternoon at the Hoop and Needle in Northside on Saturday, Oct. 22!
- GUTS: Join AIGA Cincinnati in this creative pumpkin carving contest to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation on Saturday, Oct. 22.
And remember, our big holiday craft show is coming up on Saturday, Nov. 19 — this year at the University of Cincinnati Campus Rec Center!
Summer festival season is in full swing! If you’re looking for things to do in Cincinnati, these are the art, craft and design events that you need to know about.
- Art on Vine: This monthly OTR art market is downtown on Fountain Square on Sunday, July 5.
- One Night One Craft: State Embroidery: ($) Make a wallworthy sampler with Purple Hippo Stitches at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, July 8.
- All Star Market: The City Flea celebrates the All-Star Baseball game with a special market in Washington Park on Saturday, July 11.
- Second Sunday on Main: Everybody’s taking it to the streets for this OTR outdoor market on Sunday, July 12.
- One Night One Craft: Rope Coil Weaving: ($) Learn how to make a basket at the Contemporary Arts Center on Wednesday, July 15.
- City Flea: And the flea is back to Washington Square Park on Saturday, July 25.
- OFF Market: Shop your way around Oakley Square on Saturday, July 25.
PS: We’ll be updating our site with information about our big holiday show in November shortly, and the application for vendors will be open in mid-July! Stay tuned.
Thinking about taking a little crafty road trip? Here's a roundup of all the local events and major indie craft shows in the Eastern US this spring and summer. And if you're a maker, many of these shows are taking applications for handmade vendors.