Thank you for your interest in our spring Crafty Supermarket show! We are EXCITED, and so are our 50 awesome crafters, artists and designers! Here’s all the info you need to have a successful day at our craft show, including insider advice, a parking map and detailed directions.
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Spring Show!
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 29, 2917
Where: Clifton Cultural Arts Center, 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220
Cost: Free to the public!
The Clifton Cultural Arts Center in the Gaslight District is at 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220. It’s right at the corner of Clifton and McAlpin avenues. The 17, 19, 51 and 78 buses have stops within a half-mile of the CCAC. Get more details at go-metro.com.
Here are detailed Google Maps directions:
The closest parking is in the Clifton Recreation Center lot right behind the CCAC. You can also park by the Fairview German School — enter from McAlpin Avenue or from Clifton Avenue — or use the lot behind the Church of the Nazarene on Clifton Avenue. There’s also plenty of free street parking around the Clifton Gaslight neighborhood. If you’d like to take a stroll, the CCAC is only a 15-minute walk from the Ludlow business district, where there are also public parking lots. Here’s a map of where our shoppers can park:
- Got a wheelchair or a stroller? There’s an elevator on the west side of the building off the driveway between the CCAC and the recreation center.
- Want one of our 100 swag bags? Plan to arrive early! By the time the show starts at 11 a.m., we usually have a line.
- If you arrive at the CCAC before the show opens at 11 a.m., please wait outside. People will still be setting up their displays, and things can get a little crazy in there!
- Many of our vendors accept credit cards, but not all of them do, so we recommend bringing cash to the show. There’s no ATM on site, but there are plenty on Ludlow Avenue, about a half-mile south of the CCAC.
- Want to shop in peace? We totally understand—some folks just don’t like crowds. If you prefer a lighter crowd, come in the afternoon! Things usually slow down after 3 p.m. Our vendors bring plenty of stock, so you don’t have to worry about people being sold out!
- We love animals, but please don’t bring your dog inside the CCAC during the show unless it is a service animal!
- If you’ve got kids in strollers, we recommend coming to the show in the afternoon. Things can get very crowded, which can be overwhelming for tots!
- If you wanna get in the maker spirit, we’ll have free hands-on craft activities all day, provided by the Fat Quarter in the first half of the show and Indigo Hippo in the afternoon, as well as Queen City Clay, DIY Printing, Cincinnati Art Museum and ArtWorks Cincinnati.
- DJ Ben Davis of Bad Veins and PictureMusic will be spinning tunes all day.
- We’ll have seven local food vendors at the show with tasty treats including:
La Terza Coffee
Street Chef Brigade
Best Thing Smokin’
Let’s get real, we just have this show so we can invite our favorite food vendors over for a picnic! We have everything you need to fuel your handmade shopping day on Saturday, April 29 at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center.
Best Thing Smokin‘
Fireside Pizza Wagon
Street Chef Brigade
Crafty Supermarket, Saturday, April 29.
Spring is here for real this time! Last month was just a trick on all of us. Get out and enjoy it before it becomes too hot for life which could basically happen tomorrow. There’s so much to do.
- Manifest Gallery: Two day model session on April 1-2.
- Blink Artist Info Session: BLINK is a unique and innovative community event. This session will allow participants to meet the planning team to learn more about the festival and how to submit your design concepts for interactive, light-based sculpture. Thursday, April 6.
- The City Flea: Check out their mini-preview market at 21c Museum Hotel on Saturday, April 8.
- Thunder-Sky Inc.: Otherwise: featuring work by Keith Benjamin, Ben Clark Richard Emery Nickolson opening Saturday, April 8.
- Art & Poetry: Browse the art bazaar in the Farmers Market Farm Shed and the Poetry Slam competition on Sunday, April 9.
- CAC: One Night One Craft: Wear Your Politics: Join artist C. Sprang for a second night of exploring the political commentary behind Andrea Bowers’ exhibition on Thursday, April 13.
- AIGA Cincinnati April Liquid Courage: PICTUREMUSIC Studio Party: take a tour of one of Cincinnati’s best kept secrets, PICTUREMUSIC. Network with other designers and makers from all over the city on Thursday, April 20.
- Macy’s Family Festival: You, Me and Everyone We See where you will get to explore your family identity while discovering our similarities and celebrate our differences on Saturday, April 22.
- Art on Vine: A monthly local fine arts and handmade sale at Rhinegeist Brewery. Next event is on Sunday, April 23.
- Crafty Supermarket Spring Show!!! The vendor list will make you drool! Start planning now and invite your friends for a fun day of shopping and snacking on Saturday, April 29.
This was the toughest show to judge so far. Exactly 200 applications were submitted, with only 50 spots available, there were tons of tough choices made. We found a good balance between new makers, old favorites and a wide range of categories including home decor, jewelry, paper goods, handmade beauty products, kid stuff, fiber, and ceramics just to name a few. Check out the below stats about the upcoming show and more importantly, check out the vendor list and get your shopping list ready! See you on April 29th at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center!
- 28% of the makers are selling at Crafty Supermarket for the first time
- 36% of the makers are from out of state
- 49% of the makers are from Cincinnati
- 85% of the maker businesses are powered by badass women
Here are some highlights!
Lucca Laser Workshop
Leigh Cox Illustration
Spring is coming! Here are several reasons to leave the house and get out into the world again!
- Essex Studio Spring Art Walk: wander the halls of Essex Studio and meet artists in their studios studios, enjoy snacks, and live music. Friday, Mar. 3 & Saturday, Mar 4.
- Craft Menagerie at Bockfest: this awesome show features 20 local artists set up inside Arnold’s Bar and Grill Saturday, Mar. 4.
- Gallery Askew: Proof. Works by Rick Mallette: this new gallery space in Camp Washington is featuring drawings and paintings by Rick Mallette over the past 30 years. He is a Cincinnati gem. Opening Saturday, Mar. 18.
- Creative Encounters: Woodblock Prints: Cincinnati Art Museum: get inspired by the exhibition, Transcending Reality: The Woodcuts of Kosaka Gajin before creating your own on Sunday, Mar. 19.
- Art on Vine at Rhinegiest featuring fine art & handmade goods for sale from 60+ local Cincinnati Artists on Sunday, Mar. 19.
- CCAC Sunset Salons: Coffee: Wednesday, Mar. 22.
- AIGA Cincinnati + WomenUp: Words of Wisdom: Hosted and sponsored by Spicefire, this event honors Women’s History Month with proceeds from the art sales going to Girls with Pearls. Opening reception Friday, Mar. 31.
Did we miss something awesome? Shoot an email over!
February is a short month but the cold can make it feel looooooong. Fill your calendar with tons of art,craft and design events so you can fast forward to spring! If we missed anything good, let us know!
- Carl Solway Gallery: Richards, Kwong, Jonsson: meet the artists during the opening reception on Friday, Feb. 3.
- Cincinnati Art Museum: Family First Saturday: Black History Month: Celebrate the great African American artists at CAM with a fun-filled day for the whole family on Saturday, Feb 4.
- RHEINOceramics Studio Sale: Studio sale and pop-up shop featuring several talented handmade artists from the Cincinnati area. Saturday, Feb. 4.
- Rhinegeist Charitable Suds: Indigo Hippo: Rhinegeist brewery is committed to giving back to the community. Every Wednesday evening they give a portion of their proceeds to a local nonprofit and on Wednesday, Feb. 8 they are giving proceeds to our friends at Indigo Hippo!
- Midwest Craft Con 2017: You may still be able to get tickets to attend this spectacular three day retreat for mid-career crafters, makers and creative business owners. Includes inspiration keynote speakers who know their stuff! February 10-12.
- CAC: Opening Celebration of two exhibitions– Noel Andersons: Blak Oigin Moment and Andrea Bowers: Womxn Workers of the World Unite! Friday, Feb. 10
- DAAP Galleries: The Personal is Political: Feminist Art from Sara M. and Mi. Opening reception Thursday, Feb. 16.
- Art on Vine : Art show featuring fine art and handmade goods at Rhinegeist. Sunday, Feb. 19.
We are excited to return to the Clifton Cultural Arts Center for our spring edition of Crafty Supermarket on Saturday, April 29th. If you are a shopper, mark your calendars and if you are a maker get your application in by March 1. Do you know someone who should apply? Send them our way! Have you applied in the past but didn’t get in? Don’t be discouraged, we are always trying to mix up our vendors for each show so this could be your year!
Check out the application details here.
CAC: One Night One Craft
If you are looking for some fun art, craft, design events around the city to hold you over until Crafty Supermarket on April 29th, here’s a great list! Don’t forget, applications for our spring show open on January 15th. Join our mailing list for an update or follow us Facebook or Instagram. Did we miss something awesome? Let us know.