thanks again cincinnati!
Wow. Thank you to everyone who came out to shop at the spring edition of Crafty Supermarket. The day started out rainy and gloomy but ended with sunshine and lots of smiles. We still had a great turn out once the storm decided to move on and there are so many people to thank for a great day.
- Usually we thank the shoppers first but this year we are starting with the makers who loaded in during the crazy, scary storm. We had 50+ vendors who were craft show bosses and persisted through epic rain to set up on time. The storm hit quick and hard as best illustrated by Ellebrux maker Laura Brooks walking in soaked to the bone holding her unopened poncho in her hand. That pretty much sums up how the morning went in addition to the fact that the power went out and Vintageliz was momentarily stuck in the elevator. So THANK YOU MAKERS! You are some determined maker BOSSES!
- Thank you shoppers! The weather could have scared you away but we still had an indoor line forming through the basement floor of the Clifton Cultural Arts Center anticipating our doors opening at 11 and the stream of shoppers was steady all day.
- Thank you A.P. Loves Designs for designing the latest Crafty Supermarket tote! It made our first shoppers and volunteers very happy! Thanks to DIY Printing for screening the bags AND for vending your first but hopefully not last Crafty Supermarket.
- Thanks to our volunteers who helped throughout the day. We had several returning helping hands and a few new faces who rocked it through the rain to make sure our vendors and shoppers had help, food, and were well hydrated. Special thanks to Lauren and Stephanie who were there all day to help out!
- It wouldn’t be a show without delicious food. We lost a few vendors due to weather but a huge thanks goes out to Best Thing Smokin’ who got there through the storm, waited it out and then served food all day and smiled the entire time. They are the nicest people too by the way! Big thanks to our indoor food vendors Dojo Gelato, Macaron Bar and La Terza. These four made a perfect menu for the day!
- Big thanks to our sponsors for supporting and empowering this show and the makers we showcase. All of our sponsors are pretty rad businesses doing things to make our city even better every day.
- Thanks to our RAD LIVE DJ Ben Davis for playing tunes during the times where we had power. When he’s not at his DJ post at Crafty Supermarket you can find him here or here.
- Last but not least thank you to the Clifton Cultural Arts Center. You have been our spring home for 7 years. Your staff are some of the kindest people we know. This was the most trying event we’ve had with the weather and the power and the elevator but the team was so awesome and supportive the entire time. We hope you all land in a forever home soon or CPS realizes they are being jerks. No matter where you land, you’re going to keep fostering great things in the community. Thank you for that.
Now what’s next?! We are moving back to Music Hall for the holiday show on December 2, 2017 (ignore the program which said 2018, ugh). Stay tuned for vendor applications to open mid-July. YAY! If you are interested in volunteering or supporting the show in any way, shoot over an email. If you want regular updates from Crafty Supermarket, sign up for our mailing list, follow us on Instagram or like us on Facebook to keep in touch.
Here are some highlights from the show we found on the old Instagram:
HEY NASTY 'NATI: I'm boothing it up today with the lovely @underaurora at the @craftysupermkt – It's gross outside but lovely here in the Clifton Cultural Arts Center! We'll be here till 6pm, come say "hi" and bring me a dry shirt 🌧🌧🌧 . . . . #illustration #hustlegang #craftysupermarket #cincinnati #614artists #underaurora #leighdrewthat