Feel like getting crafty yourself? While you shop at Crafty Supermarket on Saturday, May 7, you can also try your hand at some crafts provided by local arts organizations! Here’s what you can make at the show:
Create a glitter jar that’s like a mini snow globe! Sometimes a moment to process what you’re feeling is all you need. Watching something soothing slows down your breathing and helps your mental and emotional body reset. You can also get creative with some coloring pages — it’s your call whether to draw inside or outside the lines. Indigo Hippo will also be collecting gently used art supplies!
You’ve seen the amazing murals that ArtWorks creates around Cincinnati. Do you have a great idea for a mural yourself? You can draw your own with coloring pages from ArtWorks!
The education team from the Contemporary Arts Center will be on hand with custom coloring pages as well as all the makings to create your own floral crown.
This Northside seamstress will be leading Learn To Sew Mini Session to show you how to sew on a button. Take back your shirts by learning the essential skill of sewing on those pesky buttons. Learn to thread your needle correctly, make a know that will last, and sew on a button that will actually stay on. Cut and Sewn will provide buttons, thread and needles along with an instructional zine with everything you need to know.
We’re working with Cincinnati Magazine to award four outstanding vendors for awesomeness at our big indie craft show on Saturday, Nov. 29. (They highlighted five great vendors to look for already!) Tamia Stinson, a stylist and blogger for Cincinnati Magazine, will be evaluating our holiday show vendors to select winners for these categories:
- Best Display: Who’s got the most awesome booth?
- Best Products: Who’s got the most remarkable products for sale at the show?
- Best Newbie: Which of the 30 new vendors at our show is the raddest?
- and then the audience will vote for the People’s Choice!
You’ll be able to identify the winners by the amazing prize ribbons created by Abby Langdon! You can cast your vote for People’s Choice by filling out a ballot at the Cincinnati Magazine booth before 4 p.m. on Saturday. We’ll announce the People’s Choice winner before the end of the show, and you just might see all the winners on CincinnatiMagazine.com very soon.
Remember to RSVP for Crafty Supermarket on Facebook and invite all your friends, and we’ll see you on Saturday!
Want to sell at our show? Applications for Crafty Supermarket’s 2014 spring craft show are open until March 1!
When shopping for awesome handmade goods, you sure can work up an appetite! Luckily, we’ve got eight awesome local food vendors at our holiday craft show on Nov. 17 to keep you well-fed:
- Cafe De Wheels: Made-to-order burgers and sandwiches!
- Dojo Gelato: Handmade Italian-style gelato in surprising flavors!
- Fireside Pizza: Fresh-out-of-the-mobile-brick-oven pizza!
- La Terza Coffee: Fresh coffee and espresso from our main caffeine man, Chuck
- Melt: Choice selections from everyone’s favorite Northside deli!
- Sweet Peace Bakery: Tasty vegan baked goods made with love and served out of a VW van!
- Tacocracy: Killer tacos from this new Northside favorite
- Taste of Belgium: Piping hot authentic Belgian waffles!
PS: Did you RSVP for the show on Facebook yet? Be sure to add it to your calendar and invite all your crafty friends!