The weekend after Crafty Supermarket’s Spring Show, check out love+bash, a “badass wedding expo for alternative brides.” Created by Nikita Gross of Nikita Gross Photography and Jen Pritchard of Your Wedding by Jen, love+bash is the antidote to traditional bridal shows. Along with alternative, green and indie vendors, the show will have music, drinks and a fashion show. (If you’re currently planning your nuptials, definitely check out their wedding giveaway, which includes photography, florals and planning.) You can check out love+bash’s featured vendors here.
12-5 p.m. Sunday, May 15, 2011
at Leapin Lizard, 726 Main St., Covington, KY
tickets are $6 presale or $10 day-of-show
the crafty news just keeps comin’:
- Covington’s Arts District is hosting a series of talks about small business. All the sessions take place at the Artists Enterprise Center, 25 W. Seventh St., Covington, KY 4101. The first one, with Melt owner Lisa Kagan, happened last week, but there’s still lots more good stuff:
- Thursday, May 20, at 7 p.m.: Rick Hoffman, owner, Covington Clay
- Tuesday, May 25, at 7 p.m.: Dan Korman, owner, Park+Vine
- Thursday, May 27, at 6 p.m.: Rebecca Volpe, Small Business Insights, City of Covington
- There’s going to be an art sale at Hamilton and Knowlton in Northside on June 5. Spaces start at just $15, and the deadline to apply is May 28. You can apply right here!
- Going to the Taft Museum is now free on Sundays! It used to be free on Wednesdays.
- Northside micromarket Picnic and Pantry is rumored to be opening up shop this weekend. If it’s anything like their debut at the Crafty Supermarket show, there’s going to be a run on tacos, so dine early and often, people.
Leapin Lizard in Covington is looking for crafters for its second annual craft show Nov. 28 and 29 (the weekend after Crafty Supermarket!). A booth is $65. If you’re interested, e-mail leapinlizzz at mac dot com with images or a URL and a description of your work by Nov. 1.