essential info for shoppers
Are you super excited for the spring Crafty Supermarket show? We sure are, and so are our 50+ awesome crafters, artists and designers! Here’s all the info you need to have a successful shopping trip, including insider info, a parking map and detailed directions.
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Spring Show!
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 26, 2014
Where: Clifton Cultural Arts Center, 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220
Cost: Free to the public!
The Clifton Cultural Arts Center in the Gaslight District is at 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220. It’s right at the corner of Clifton and McAlpin avenues. The 17, 18, 19, 39 and 78 buses have stops within a half-mile of the CCAC. Get more details at www.sorta.com.
Here are detailed Google Maps directions:
The closest parking is in the Clifton Rec Center lot right behind the CCAC, but because it’s currently under construction, it’s sure to fill up fast. We’ve secured some satellite parking options for our shoppers. You can park by the Fairview German School — enter from McAlpin Avenue or from Clifton Avenue. You can also use the lots in the Church of the Nazarene on Clifton Avenue. There’s also plenty of free street parking around the Clifton Gaslight neighborhood. If you’d like to take a stroll, the CCAC is only about a 15-minute walk from the Ludlow business district, where there are also public parking lots. Here’s a map of where our shoppers can park:
- Got a wheelchair or a stroller? There’s an elevator on the west side of the building off the driveway between the CCAC and the recreation center.
- Want one of our 100 swag bags? Get in line real early! By the time the show starts at 11 a.m., we usually have a line around the block.
- If you arrive at the CCAC before the show opens at 11 a.m., please wait outside. People will still be setting up their displays, and things can get a little crazy in there!
- Many of our vendors accept credit cards, but not all of them do, so we recommend bringing cash to the show. There’s no ATM on site, but there are plenty on Ludlow Avenue, about a half-mile south of the CCAC.
- Want to shop in peace? We totally understand—some folks just don’t like crowds. If you prefer to leisurely peruse all our vendors’ wares, come in the afternoon! Things usually slow down after 3 p.m. Our vendors bring plenty of stock, so you don’t have to worry about people being sold out!
- We love animals, but please don’t bring your dog inside the CCAC during the show. (Unless it is a service animal, of course!)
- If you’ve got kids in strollers, we recommend coming to the show after the initial rush. Things can get very crowded, which can be overwhelming for tots!
- If you wanna get crafty, we’ll have hands-on craft activities all day, led by the Contemporary Arts Center in the first half of the show and local craft collective Broadhope in the afternoon.
- Music at the show will be provided all day by Ben Davis of Bad Veins and the PROJECTMILL collective.